Jump to content

Controller Client Updates


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks pretty interesting! Are you able to share any details on what the controller client will be for TWR/APP?

Well, let me just say that I am excited for this community. While I regret not having the time to be a part of the dev community, I am looking forward to the future of flightsim with the POSCON networ

Very cool, @Andrew! Looking forward to seeing this project continue to develop.

Posted Images

Just now, Brad said:

Looks pretty interesting! Are you able to share any details on what the controller client will be for TWR/APP?

It will be a multi-purpose client. Similar to Ross Carlson's VRC, but with the complexity of vERAM and vSTARS. In other words, you will be able to work top-down efficiently while also retaining many of the realism features of the other clients.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, reubenjprevost said:

Well, let me just say that I am excited for this community. While I regret not having the time to be a part of the dev community, I am looking forward to the future of flightsim with the POSCON network.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Reuben!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, alexcunille said:

Is there gonna be a connection between Gergely's DLMN and his ATC application?

Hi, I think you may be referring to a different Gergely? DLMN was created by Gergely Kosa, correct?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zachary said:

Are there going to be web-based application for ATC or just the pilot client for now?

There will an assortment of tools for ATC that are web-based, but the ATC client itself will be a desktop application for Mac and Windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aeroniemi said:

What's the case going to be with places like Europe, where ATC screens look nothing like those in the US?

Our ATC client developer is responsible for the EuroScope client on VATSIM, which means the European user interface is essentially already completed.

Just take a look at the images by clicking here and you will get an idea of the power of this radar client.

Our main focus now is to ensure a US-based client is properly simulated as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
15 hours ago, Andrew said:

Our ATC client developer is responsible for the EuroScope client on VATSIM, which means the European user interface is essentially already completed.

Just take a look at the images by clicking here and you will get an idea of the power of this radar client.

Our main focus now is to ensure a US-based client is properly simulated as well.

So sectorfiles layout for creating them will be the same format? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to be able to actually hear controllers and other traffic with a decent codec. Will you have the same levels of ATC training however that VATSIM does? When does the beta come out as well. Looks good though

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BTwissle said:

I'm excited to be able to actually hear controllers and other traffic with a decent codec. Will you have the same levels of ATC training however that VATSIM does? When does the beta come out as well. Looks good though

Hi,

Yes, our ATC training will be similar to VATSIM, except more standardization across the board.

We are aiming for a June 2018 beta. If you are registered member of this site, you will be offered to become a beta tester. Make sure to share with your friends so they don't miss out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Will the ERAM side of things include some of the data processing functions that are available in the real system (such as recognizing waypoints on routes) so I could AM 468 RTE ./.BIGGO for an aircraft filed BLZZR..BAF.Q480... or BLZZR..BAF.HYPER7 and it will recognize that BIGGO is on the HYPER STAR or Q480 and automatically insert this correctly? This will also improve QU functionality.

As far as STARS is concerned, will this also be a full simulation with CRDA, fusion, MSAW, autotrack, automatic scratchpad entries, etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krikor Hajian said:

Will the ERAM side of things include some of the data processing functions that are available in the real system (such as recognizing waypoints on routes) so I could AM 468 RTE ./.BIGGO for an aircraft filed BLZZR..BAF.Q480... or BLZZR..BAF.HYPER7 and it will recognize that BIGGO is on the HYPER STAR or Q480 and automatically insert this correctly? This will also improve QU functionality.

As far as STARS is concerned, will this also be a full simulation with CRDA, fusion, MSAW, autotrack, automatic scratchpad entries, etc?

Route interpolation and recognition is very important and we are making sure the client can properly simulate this as you described.

Yes, eventually all the STARS functions you described will be simulated, I am not sure all will be available on initial release though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All looks very cool. Will the new client support different radar modes so you can have one display running ERAM, one running STARS, and two running ASDE-X?

Are landlines going to be implemented into the clients? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Josh G said:

All looks very cool. Will the new client support different radar modes so you can have one display running ERAM, one running STARS, and two running ASDE-X?

Are landlines going to be implemented into the clients? 

Yes, one client, multiple modes.

Voice is actually going to be a completely different client. This will allow ATC to move around a room (such as a live event)... perhaps with a mobile device?!? :-D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines.