Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome! Let’s become friends

Nico

Hi Folks, yet another Andrew here.

I live near YMML and am an avid GA flyer. It probably comes as no surprise that I am a fan of A2A aircraft, and my favourite out of the lot is their Cessna 182. I am still using P3Dv3, but am looking at X-Plane 11 in the very near future.

I am an I1 on VATSIM in the VATNZ division, and I love providing ATC in different parts of the world, although Oceanic is a personal favourite ?.

I develop software in my spare time, and I look forward to the further development of POSCON.

Cheers,

I may as well throw my story in.

My name is Liesel, I'm a teenage aviation enthusiast from Adelaide, Australia (YPAD).  I do front end web work here at POSCON. X-Plane 11 is my main sim.  I suppose my favourite thing about flight sim is the variety of aircraft and scenery available. My flight sim story started in late 2015 with FSX. Within VATSIM I hold an S2 Tower rating with VATPAC, and also visiting in the UAE.

hi all members 

just an update about me 

Hong Kong international airport (VHHH)

My name is Benson Wong VATSIM senior student (S3) controller and also on going the p4  visiting as VATWA ,VATPRC  also Thailand Vietnam vacc . then at some china flight sim network i am an  ADM also C1 ratting they are call https://www.fscenter.cn/    . it was  fun when control china airspace . i am very interest on aviation from the real world i am maintenance the air traffic control system at hongkong as before i am an aircraft mechanic almost 4 years doing line and base maintenance as well .work at airport almost 5 years my flight sim story is start at 2012..

vhhx just an amazing airport .....

Edited by benson wong

• 2 weeks later...

What's up guys!

I'm Mark

KCLT

I'm a Application Engineer/Developer focused mostly in Infrastructure, DevOps, and Web Development. I have also received a degree in Air Traffic Management from a CTI school in Florida. My passion for aviation stemmed from my time on VATSIM, but this is definitely the next generation of online flight simulation. I'm excited to see this community grow!

I mostly enjoy being a controller. I was a VATSIM S3 at NYARTCC with some of the POSCON guys here some years ago, but I did love flying the 777, 727, 737, and 757 as well. I'm a Boeing guy if you couldn't tell haha.

Can't wait to join you all!

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I am Stuart, 24 years old.

My airport closest to me would probably be EGSS but i much prefer EGKK and will always fly out of that airport when possible.

I enjoy the scenery and approach into LOWI (standard response), with low visibility and with all the terrain and offset runway, i believe this can give you some funny and also tormenting experiences on arrival. Of course who can forget Gibraltars Runway 09, which entails a route around the south of the rock and then finally turning east to line up to the runway about 15 seconds from the end!

I have had experiences on other networks but im looking very much forward to whats to come with POSCON!

My best bird to fly would be the 737 - i have got to know this plane inside out. But i also love a challenge and never back down from flying the 717 or Crash8!

I could rabble on all day about my flight simming experiences but i will end it here for now :) 

Nice to meet you all

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am Georgi. Nice to greet you all! 

I am coming from LBWN, but living in OMDB for quite some time. 

Started simming several years ago with FSX, changing to P3D recently. My favorite plane is A320 (there is no good A380 yet ? ) and most of my flights are with VATSIM. This hobby is quite nice for releasing the stress accumulating here during working days and I really love it!

Have nice flights!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

my name is Yannick, I am from Luxembourg in Europe and my favorite Flight Sim Experience are both approaches into Toncontin, as well as the classic, the one and only IGS13 into KaiTak. My favorite Airliner is, I suppose, either the 717, also known lovingly as the Mad Puppy, or the 767-400!

I am glad that you guys try to improve our online flight simulation experience and hope that your project is going to come to fruition :)

All the best guys and happy landings :)

• Like 1

Hi there,

My name is Saul, from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro (SBGL) precisely.

I've been simming since FS9 and now I'm XPL enthusiast. Aviation it's my passion and profession (CPL holder), but other that I'm a licensed hunter and an american trap shooter.

I'm a not an environmental supporter, that's why I enjoy everything that uses the mighty JT8D-15A! ?

See you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends 

Saman here from Iran, and just turning 28 in 1 day....  OIII/OIIE , Mechanical Engineer in field of solid designs and also a real Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. A big fat Boeing fan who loves and worships the 747 the just Queen of the Skies. Wish to see you guys soon enough when the network is started .

Fly high.

-S.

1938964.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys!
my name is fabio from Rome Italy, base airport LIRF. I'm a real ppl pilot and i have had experience online  in Ivao and even in Vatsim. I like to control Rome ACC and Approach using Ivac or Euroscope.
i've been online since 2005 and i like to fly planes like B73X / B76-3 PMDG, Airbus 3XX by Aerosoft, MD80 by Leonardo. My simulator is Prepared 3d.
I'd like to help you in the development of this new online platform and share our great passion all together.
Wish you the best guys!

• Like 1

Hello all my name is Jeramie nearest airport to me is 3m7 small municipal airport larger airport KBNA. I fly with X-plane 11 - Owner of Newman Air mainly fly on Vatsim. I have 1084 hours in on flight sim I fly just about everything from Boeing to small GA planes as the Cessna 172SP just depending on my mood I also make Ortho Scenery for X-plane 11 also. I am training for ATC on IVAO, Hope to see you guys soon on the network. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I'm Joe, I'm a KPHL Approach Controller on VATSIM. I like to control more than fly... probably because I can't fly to save my own life on XPlane. Been part of the VATSIM network since Nov 2017. Love being a ZNY Controller and very excited to become a controller on POSCON.

Joe

• Like 1

Hello all,

From my initial impressions, I'm very excited for the future of this project.

As my forum name states, I'm Spencer.  My closest large airport would be KFWA.

100% widebody long haul guy here. I spend most of my time bumming around North America and Asia in the PMDG 747-400F, flying for my VA. My favorite leg has got to be KSDF-PANC; the WITTI4 brings you through some absolutely beautiful scenery up around Anchorage. Also a big fan of the SCBBY2 into KONT.

• Like 1

Hi all.

My name is Sergio

Location: LEMD (the second one in this thread if I didn't miss any other but JOSE).

On short final to my mid forties, with three kids, I've been simming since the ZX Spectrum. It is now, however, that I'm getting more serious about it, and so I'm back to VFR, learning airspaces and all that stuff that we can find these days in online ground schools (isn't the Internet great?).

See you all up there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all my real name is Ted and i am a doc, and i fly offline airliners or vfr with my favorite streamer buddies that know me as TedPrime in my spare time when real life permits. My home airport was LGAV,  although my favorite one is always....the next one.

Having spent similar time and money for both Xp11 and P3D, and addons, seen and listened networks, fse and Airhauler 2, there are no words to describe my admiration for ProjectFly, and wish it evolves into a World of Airplanes like what Battlenet is for Blizzard as an example...to bring together a very fragmented sim market, that is torn between a very elitist snob mentality that excludes the modest simmer ever coming close...

Thanks to streamers that became good online friends like JonFLy, Chewwy94, DirkaDurka, and others i met along the way that did the opposite, bring more people into the world of online sim flying, instead of "bullying" them in forums,  an attitude i also witnessed and it was similar to what Matt also described in one of his vids early on, before i followed his stream...But now, it's only ProjectFly that keeps me coming back, no Vatsim, no PE, no Airhauler nor fse...it's the twitch community, and Projectfly...imho opinion building on these pylons as well, ladies and gentlemen and you will have a solid base of operations to build upon.

All for One and One for All

Edited by Ted B

Hey guys,

My name is Erwin and EHLE is my home airport.

Old-school simming since the early days when buildings were nothing more than wireframe constructions and instruments were hardly readable, all being supported by some static noise pretending to be engine sound..... and I loved it!  In those days I was dreaming of building my own home cockpit, which I'm realising now. The Baron 58 is my aircraft and all I'm flying.

Usually I'll be stick-and-rudder flying, X-Plane, low-and-slow, VFR, transiting various airspace on the way while in contact with the various controllers for 'flight following'.

Online flying is great for realism. So far I've tried IVAO, VATSIM and PE. The immersion just dies quickly when you need to open pop-up windows in your outside view, grab a keyboard and start typing position calls... Also the unpredictability of when controllers are online doesn't really add up to the experience, so... PE is the only way to go for me now.

I've joined here to see how this network will develop and how it will handle the disappointments of other networks. The advertising on the website sounds promising and I hope the founders will succeed in this huge challenge! I hope to fly with you in the virtual skies soon!