Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome! Let’s become friends

Nico

Hi,

I am Karl, I live on the door step of EGGW. I am returning to the flight sim scene via X-Plane after a 20+ year break.  Loving it so far...always lots to learn.  I'm a software engineer & Scrum Master during the day.  Flight simmer in the evenings!

Safe landings!

Edited by Karl Pritchard

HI; 

I go by Speed. I just retired from the vusaf as MajGen  D.O. Speed Mathisen. Many hours around 3000. I don't fly on line but wish to see how your new site works and try a few flights.

I have flown with virtual SWA for a couple of years so mabey some members will show up from these two organizations. Your site looks really good and it looks like you have a lot to offer. We really need an upgrade like this for ATC & Controlling.

Later, 

Speed

Hi Everyone,

I am Eduard. I live near LSZH. I have been simming for about 8 years now. I fly both GA aircraft and airliners predominantly in Europe. My favorite GA aircraft are A2A Comanche and C182 and for the airliners I fly PMDG 737 and 777.  I have some experience flying on VATSIM, but I find its coverage quite spotty. I am looking forward to seeing how this program develops and I wish every success to the developers. In the end the community will only win.

Cheers

Hi all,

Kenneth

KFHB/KJAX

I've been flying since my first little computer - a TRS1000 with programs one loaded with cassette tapes. The graphics were strictly wireframe then. Yes, I'm an ancient person! ?  I have followed flight simming development all the way - from ly old trusty Amiga 500 (then a 1000) with Bruce Artwick's original "Flight Simulator II"; then into PC's (any one near my age would know why) with the first MSFS up to current FSX / FSX:SE. Just getting a new robust computer, Saitek yoke,  2 throttle sets and rudder pedals  so I can *Finally* see if I can fly like real pilots do. (My aviation interest stems from having been a weather observer / forecaster for the US Navy).

I love flying through the fjords of New Zealand's Southern Alps (traveled to NZCH several times with the Navy Antarctic Support team). Most of the time I enjoy flying A2A's Cessna 172 and PMDG 737. Just got the triple 7 to work real long hauls, and enjoy flying through the Aussie outback. Still a real "noobie" when it comes to using VATSIM, though I joined it. 

Cheers all!

Edited by Kenneth Wood Jr
  • Like 1

Hi ALL! I've just discovered POSCON and I'm very interested to know about you. So as old simmer actually I'm still using FSX-SE after a short tour of others SIM's and the sadly fall of FSW.

I'm a retired ex Italian AFI Airmen and strong lover of all is aviation, really or sim. I've fly for some years as crew memeber in youthness vith C47, UH-1C, AB47J3, and almost any fying thing in airforce, worked for 4 years on first drones like Meteor CT20/XXI and cooperated with Ryan'sFirebee crew.

Actually I'm a Vatsim Private Pilot 2 and IVAO member, I live in Sardinia 50  nm from Olbia (LIEO) and usually i fly with C47 (DC3 Manfred Jahn version 3.14) and all GA birds. I prefer old planes and Helicopters like AW EH101 or many other. In last day I've published on some Sim sites, LIEV Olbia Venafiorita vintage closed airport, that is still used from Italian Carabinieri Helicopter flight group, but it is in an China's deveIoping joint ventur for enhance Asian's tourism here.

I'ver developed other airport scenerys as Vigna di Valle Airforce Museum, and maybe this is my next hobby. Ok I've talk so much. Happy to be here guys.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just discovered POSCON from an article online. I have been a VATSIM pilot and IVAO controller (AS3 / S3 equivalent) for a while. I currently attend the University of North Dakota studying Commercial Aviation. I have always been interested in aviation from when I was young.

My favorite sim aircraft is hands down the PMDG 737.

• Like 2

Good day!

I'm a experienced online flight simulation user, been through VATSIM (They got me banned for silly things, AFK) but I've been using IVAO for the last year and so. I really hope POSCON will be what i'm looking for in a online Flight Simulation Network in regards to Traffic and Controllers, a good variety is nice! My favourite aircraft to fly on Prepar3D is the Q400, but I also actively fly, CRJ's, A320's, PMDG Series aircraft 737/777, if you know me though, I love my Turboprops over jets anyday!

In the real world, I'm a Station Manager for a Ground Handling Company in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada (CYSB), I also work as a Observer on Forest Fire Patrols in a Cessna C337 Skymaster during the warm Northern Ontario summers. I'm also working on finishing up my Private Pilot Licence on a Cessna 172M.

Hello, everyone,

I'm Tim 

KSEA - SeaTac International airport Seattle, Wa.

I loaded my first flight sim via cassette tape in 1982 on my shiny new Timex Sinclair and got hooked.  I continued enjoying simming via the Jane's military titles (LOVED those sims!) and then moved over to the Microsoft flight sim camp.  I stopped for a couple years and then came back to simming 3 years ago and enjoy flying primarily PMDG's 777 in Prepar3d (although I am looking to also become proficient in the 737 soon.)  I love the complexity of our hobby, especially the ATC aspect.  I haven't flown with ATC before but am looking forward to learning from and with you all.   

• Like 1

Yet another Andrew clocking in...

I've been around the airdailyx system for a long time, since the blogspot days I guess, commenting on posts and suggesting news items as they came up... I was mostly beaten to the post by others, but hey, it is all about the taking part isn't it.

Location? Sort of in between EDDF and EDDN in terms of international airports, but GA/MIL (warbirds mostly) is more my cup of tea. I am less into the glorified bus driver antics of commercial airline services though am somwhat partial to the likes of Majestic's Q400... My setup is more geared to stick and rudder flying as well (with a modified Warthog HOTAS, VirtualFly TQ6, a pair of trim wheels from Saitek, and the gorgeous MFG Crosswinds). I use Prepar3D V4.3 currently, but am also considering X-Plane 11 and DCS, or maybe Aerofly FS2 for a change...

I used to lurk on IVAO (as coverage always seemed better in Europe), never got into VATSIM...

A

• Like 1

hi all,

I`m  Wil from The Netherlands.

retired and 72 years young , married , 2 children and 4 grandchildren . 

on flightsim since the very beginning and online since late 90`s.

use fsx and my favorite ac is the mjc dash . 

In my daytime mostly BEE destinations and in NA daytime porter and jza

• Like 1

Hello all,

Wow, many familiar names here - both admin and users. Very glad to see some ambitious people taking the initiative to create a better network platform for the PC pilot community. Long term, I look forward to logging in once up and running, short term, I would be happy and pleased to help in any way needed.

My info:

Flight simming since 1980 http://oldcomputers.net/trs80iii.html    (It actually did have a built in flight simulator)

6,000+ pilot hours on "another network"

There isn't an aircraft I don't like - one day it's a long-haul in a tubeliner - the next day could be VFR hops in a helicopter. I am however particularly fond of the corporate / bizjet set. 

RW stick time in SEL and helicopter (B206 Bell Jet Ranger).

Sales engineer by profession.

Home airport KRME - former SAC base in the center of New York state.

Glad to be here - let the good times roll!

jw

• Like 1

Hi All,

Steve here, I live down the street from a small airport KHQU closest international apt is KATL or KCLT both about same distance. I fly on XP-11 normally a CL30 or TBM8. like the PC-12 as well.  Best time in sim is normally flying from KCLT to KATL in the TBM8 i know its a short hop but live the arrivals into ATL.

Edited by Steven Mcguffin
  • Like 1

Brian

KSFO

I love flying with @Nico during his streams unless he does a crazy landing into Paro Bhutan as he has those skills to pay them bills and I don't yet ? My favorite flightsim experience however is landing with parallel traffic into my favorite scenery, FlightBeam KSFO, and in my favorite airline and aircraft, in the United PMDG 737-800.

Edited by Brian Mccumiskey
  • Like 1

Snorre

ENGM (Oslo Gardermoen Int'l - Norway)

Approaching 40, single (high five @Ross G) and wholly invested in flight-sims. ARMA 3 helicopters got me exposed to flying (dear gods, that's embarassing to admit), which brought me to DCS World helicopters (the holy grail of helicopter simming!), but I kinda burnt out on DCS after several years, and now I fly tube-liners in X-Plane.

• Like 1

Hey all, exited to be a part of this!

I grew up right near KDEN but now my "closest" major airport is KSLC (3 hours away). I started simming on FS 2004 shortly after it came out, but didn't get serious about it until I purchased FSX about 3 years back and then made the leap to P3Dv4 earlier this year. My favorite aircraft to fly is the PMDG 737-800, but I eventually want to own and become proficient on the whole PMDG Boeing family. I mainly fly domestic airline flights in the USA. My favorite approach to fly is probably the LEEHY approach into KSLC, which includes low passes over mountains and a big 180 turn across the Salt Lake between two mountain ranges.

I've only flown online a few times and never really enjoyed the experience, so I'm really hoping POSCON can change my mind.

My day job is as a high school band director and private music teacher.

• Like 1

Morning!

My name is Alex.

My home base is either EGLL or EGGW (live between both so yeah).

With over 1500 hours on vatsim, I am a passionate pilot who is undergoing training in real life to aspire to become a pilot for easyjet (hopefully).

I always fly short haul bus ops in europe and around the Mediterranean sea.

I am looking for forward to a new network.

Favourite aircraft= Fslabs A319 and the 320

Love the RNAV for rwy 33 at LOWS

Love LPFR 

Edited by Alexander Maidment
  • Like 2

Hey all my online name is cZollo

EGLL - London Heathrow Airport

I began simming a while ago on FSX, moved to xplane 11 and started using addons like IXEG, FlyJsim 727, Zibo 737, Magknite 787, FFa320, FFa350 and more, i am an aviation enthusiast and I love all kinds of flights like long haul, short haul and VFR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

My name is John , I'm close to KIND home of the Indy 500. I've been flying since FS95 came out and I joined the VATSIM network many moons ago on a dial up connection. Talk about delays in transmission. I've flown every addition of MSFS since then. I also enjoyed the Jane's series and loved the AH 64 Long Bow , popping up over a hill and releasing hellfires after seeing it on that bubble radar was so amazing at the time. 

I'm now using X plane 11 and I've got to say they have came a long way. Great out of the box graphics, and all the free stuff going on with the community is awesome. 

My favorite planes right now are the Fly J Sim Q400 that I fly for my VA and the Zibo/ Ultimate 737-800 is awesome freeware. 

I'm waiting for the Rotate MD-11 to come out in the next year. I flew for virtual FedEx back in FS2004 or FSX and miss having an MD to fly. 

I've not controlled before, but I am interested in it. I like what PE is doing but need that east coast coverage as well. 

Best of luck , I hope POSCON see's greatness. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, Noah here.

I became interested in ATC 6 years ago and found VATSIM. Prior to that I had never done flight simming, and so while most people go from pilot to controller in the flight sim world, I took the opposite path. Had to learn everything from the ground up, but had a lot of fun and learned a ton controlling at ZLA. I haven't controlled for over a year though, but I was practicing approach control when I left.

While I did pick up FSX and a few pieces of hardware I've never really been a pilot at heart. I fly around Southern California once in a while, and enjoy a 45 minute IFR flight in a 737 from time to time, but I have to admit that I am a pretty bad pilot. But hey, it's cheaper to be a realistic ATC than a realistic pilot!

The bad pilot quality was my biggest complaint about VATSIM, so I'm really excited to see the measures put in place to train and certify pilots.

• Like 1

Evening all,

Brian here.  I have been involved in Flight Simming since 1995 (give or take a couple of months).  I remember the days of the flight.iup.edu mailing list...  and the friendships across the globe that still exist today.  From an online flying perspective, I started on SATCO then moved to IVAO & VATSIM.  I was there for the ugly IVAO divorce that nearly caused the demise of the network.  From a Virtual Airline perspective, I have been involved with VA's since 1995.  I started with Westwind Airlines and then left them joining a couple here and there until 2008, when I found Delta VA.  In 2010, I moved across to their sister carrier Air France Virtual and I have been with them since then.  

From a professional perspective, I am a Program Manager for a software company in Texas.  I currently live in the greater Austin area where I have lived for the last 7 years.

Look forward to hearing from others.

Thanks,

Brian

• Like 1

Hi at all, Paolo here. I'm a virtual pilot from 2004, but I am still n00b.

I live in Italy near LIPO (civil airport) and LIPL (military airport).

I like flying VFR over the lakes of northern Italy and fly with 737-800 zibo for XPL11 (i'm a vRYR's pilot).

My english is not the best and I know, so I'm not always perfect in the phony with the IVAO ATC.

I hope to see this project come to life soon. Thanks for your work!!

• Like 1