Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome! Let’s become friends

Nico

Hello all,

Stefano

LIPE

Engineer and flight sim pilot since many years. P3D is the platform where I fly PMDG NGX  and DH8D of Majestic. I love GA too (A2A cherokee) that reminds me when I was used to fly it many years ago.

I am really curious to see the develompment of this new network...I fly now in  VATSIM (great but with a a very bad audio codec) and with IVAO too (definitively better for comms).

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post...found this page after posting this in another area.  Guessing this is the correct one so could an admin please delete my other post?

Howdy all!  I am Greg Swagler.  I am a chef, drummer, sound engineer, and VP (Virtual Pilot) as well as many other things people have called me over the years (LOL.) 

I live in Hamilton, Ohio.  I have been using flight sims since waaaay back in 1987 when I was in flight school at Hawthorne College in Antrim, NH.  Actually, I was using flight sim games back on my old TI-99 4/A computer and my Amiga in the 80's. 

I have been using MSFS on a regular basis since FS9.  Switched to FSX when it came out and was quite big into the sim community back then.  I got into airport design with my Virtual Airlines but never got to finish the 3 I was working on thanks to my being so freaking perfection oriented. I always found something to fix...thus never just completed the full thing.  My vision was never realized because I always wanted better, LOL.  I did a great deal of online flying with friends but never used VATSIM or any other service.  I ran a flight sim design school with a few friends where we taught model design, airport design, etc.  I had a pretty decent system but found that the best I could ever get was about 10-15fps on a good day.  This was really getting annoying. I was finding less and less enjoyment.  I lost 2 hard drives in the same week, one being my flight sim drive with almost 500gigs all flight sim.  I was about to rebuild....Then, as happens, life took over.  

I've been out of the flight sim world for about 7 years.  I just found some time to get back in and WOW, all the changes!!!  I reinstalled FSX and renewed / updated all my aircraft and scenery licenses and started to renew my collection of planes and scenery...now I have a computer that can almost handle it all...  As I was flying around I noticed (I run all sliders full right) I was still only able to get 20-25fps.  This is in sparse areas.  UGH!  While watching videos on how to improve things I found the ADX videos.  WOW!!!!!  Seeing as how these were using Prepar3D I started doing some research on it.  Spent a couple weeks researching all I could on FSX vs Prepar3D.  So I got Prepar3D v4 and found that while it really is just a better engine running FSX I was at least now able to get 30-50fps with stock scenery and most of the sliders up to full.  That's a start.  

I was not really impressed at all with the STOCK scenery as it really is just a rehash of the FSX stuff.  To me, the textures still suck, land classes suck, night environment suck.  The couple local stock airports I flew around suck.  I mean, my God, if you are going to keep upgrading a product how about at least TRYING to get major airports right.  KCVG (Cincinnati) has had a 3rd runway now for many years.  Yet, in a 2018 version of a flight simulator, they don't show it.  I mean, the airport itself is so crappy looking (again, this is still stock right out of the box) but at least make the runways correct??!!!???!!!  

As I was watching vids for Prepar and still looking up information I came across XPlane 11 videos.  I had played around with XPlane back in the day...and was NEVER impressed.  So I never really even gave it a thought when getting back into things.  But, watching the videos from XP11.....I have to say, they have come a LONG way.  Years ago I did graphic design for GUI's for various company's software.  So GUI, to me, is HUGE!!!!!   FSX is not horrid, but then again, maybe it's because I was used to it.  I have to say, the GUI in Prepar3D v4 is downright pathetic.  Again, it's 2018...how about update the GUI to not look like something from 1988.  UGH!!!!  Then I see the GUI for XPlane11.  OMG!!!  This is absolutely gorgeous!!! So very intuitive.  It could benefit from some of the information available to change that Prepar3D gives, but the look and feel... And the wow factor starts from the very first screen.  Nice full screen shot at night with all the lights.  Then, digging in, (and I just saw this on videos...I am tapped out $$ wise so not getting it, yet.) I love the way you set up controllers, select planes, and weather.  The airport MAP is a dream!!!  Being able to see a terminal with all the gates so you can pick the gate/ramp you want to use.  That's perfect!!!!  Prepar3D is still stuck on using a list that means absolutely NOTHING to the human brain!!!!  I selected 5 gates at KCVG trying to get to a certain terminal and never did find myself at the one I wanted to be at.  And I didn't feel like loading up the AFCAD to figure it out.  The MAP information and visual setup of weather in XP11 is simply GREAT!!!  Prepar is lacking seriously!!!  I paid way too much I think!!!   However, I made my final choice based on a few things.  And boy I wish Prepar3D had curved runways... Since I think maybe 5 runways in the world are NOT curved...XP11 at least figured that out.  While they may wreak havoc on AI, and I LOVE my AI, they really do add to realism at many airports....especially smaller ones. 

I chose to spend my $ on Prepar3D based on what I was seeing in the videos of actually flying around.  The night lighting in XP11 is far superior out of the box however, I do own most of the REX software so I can fix that.  I have not installed it yet, so my issues may all vanish once I do.  I also purchased a ton of the ORBX add-ons.  (Pretty much drained my FUN savings account for the year.)  So I am committed.  I just wish, and really can't understand why they have not, the Prepar3D team would spend an hour fixing the GUI!!!!   Hell, hire me...I'll fix it.  And since nothing is sacred anymore... they should open up XP11 and do what they did!!!!  PICTURES work so much better in the human brain than words.  That's a simple scientific fact.  (Great video on this if you look...)  There are many PRO's that I can see with Prepar3D.  But I will be honest....the cons really do irritate me.  While some things are always going to be subjectively good or bad.. some things are such simple and easy fixes..  Why not do them.  STOP looking like FSX!!!!!  

In closing, LOOK wise, it really does look like they simply slapped some lipstick on a pig and released it as new.  I know there are improvements...but out of the box..I gotta say, I was hoping for a LOT MORE...especially given the number of years, technology, and PRICE!!!!!

All that said..  HOWDY ALL!!!  ?   I really am happy to be here and am looking forward to being a part of this community.  It's been said on many forums that ProPar3D really doesn't have a community anywhere...and from what I can see that is true.  Maybe one will form here as part of this community.  

Greg

• Like 1

Hello, everyone!

Skyeler

RPLL

I enjoy flying the RPLL-VHHH/VHHX flight with a freeware Concorde (because the aircraft can be set up quickly,) and the RPLL-RPVE flight (because I created my own (not so realistic but it has marshallers) RPVE scenery) with a FlightFactor A320 (because, realism)

I also use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick (can’t find anything else in Manila)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Matthew (Ning) Everyone calls me, Ning!

EGLL

I have been using flight sims since 2000, 18 years later I'm still going but now on X-Plane 11. I fly the Zibo, FF 767, 757, some GA Aircraft. Waiting for full release of FF A320. I would like to stick around with POSCON and take the training etc, and help out as much as I can.

Ning

• Like 1

I have always loved aviation since childhood. My dad used to take me to the airport on Saturday mornings for breakfast and we would watch the general aviation aircraft at our small local airport.  I was given a flight lesson for my 16th birthday and was hooked for life.  Got a PPL in the late 80's and was working on my commercial/instrument ratings when I stopped. Life got in the way and I'm older now but aviation is still my passion!

Looking forward to a new online network!

Jim aka Jimbob

• Like 1

Hi my name is Richard and I have been into aviation (plane spotting)  for many years. I still remember as if it was yesterday my dad taking me down to heathrow and the queens building to watch the planes on the weekends. That was almost 30 years ago luckily I still have my dad but the queens building has long gone. I have been into sims for a few years starting with Microsoft 2004 until last year when I went to x-plane 11 and have not looked back. I am new to vatsim and Have done a few flights.  I have had both good and bad times with it as some of my flights I feel that some people don't have time for new online low airtime people. I do all my sids and stars and like to follow real time procedures. If I do not fly with vatsim I use fscloud as I do like to fly with others as it gives a better experience. I am looking to the future with a new online atc network. Thanks for looking at my post and fly save. Richard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, 

My name is Oshane Dawkins and I live near KPNE, and about 30 mike from KPHL. I enjoy flying airliners from the a320 to the B77F. I have been flight simming for about a year and a half and am in attending school to obtain my PPL, IR, and CPL with the dream of becoming a 777 Captain for American Airlines. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! 

My name is Emiliano Rujano, I'm CEO and Funder of Roraima Airlines (http://www.flyroraima.com/) the most recent Venezuelan virtual airline, and member airline of the GlobalOne Alliance (http://globalonealliance.com/) my home airport is SVVA but I'm currently based at SCEL, flight simming fir the past 7 years, and commercial pilot student, I look forward to enjoy the best network experience with my airline within POSCON which has proven to be very promising and an amazing network to fly for fligth enthusiast! 

• Like 1

I've been signed up for a while, but have not introduced myself yet! 

My name is Ryan and I like to fly the 757 (NWA, FDX). Have not flown in-sim for a while because of other stuff, but am looking to get back into the hobby with a new outlook on everything. I fly with P3D v4. One thing I enjoy doing is aircraft photography, a very fun hobby that I am able to drive to different airports to capture different planes in different conditions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ?

I'm Dominik and I personally enjoy flying IFR as well as VFR at different locations around the world and my "home area"  at EDDF Frankfurt.

Most often I fly the Airbus A320, the Boeing 737-800, the Boeing 757-300 as well as the smaller aircraft such as  the Aquila A210/A211, Cessna 172/152.

I have been a "flight simmer" for almost 8 years now and still enjoy every single minute like it were the first!

(I use X-Plane 11 with the latest update) ?

What I enjoy the most is flying together! (including shared cockpit)

One of my favourite approaches is the Circling Approach for runway 08 at Innsbruck (LOWI), where you need to be very careful not to get too close to the mountains, but also enjoy a beautiful view out of the cockpit window!?

I hope to see you soon in the skies!

Till then take care!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I'm Donát (you can call me donut ? lol), I am a 20-year-old guy from Hungary ??

On IVAO I've fulfilled quite a few staff positions before, e.g. Hungary Director, Training Coordinator, etc.

In real life, I work as an IT system engineer for one of the biggest Hungarian telecommunications company, and in my free time I usually work on my own projects (self-ad: https://donatus.hu/)

Take care!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, everyone~!

Ray S.

KSEA

I fly on PilotEdge mostly but the controllers are a bit too serious for the money I'm paying just to have a bit of fun online.

I fly a Beechcraft 1900D sim composed of a mix of real and simulated equipment.

I'm on Twitch more and more as I learn the dark art of streaming. Some of you may know me on Twitch as "The Beech House"

My Sim

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm Rob. Software developer by day, sim pilot by night. I've flown GA planes and sims for most of my adult life, and I love sim development and integration. Arduinos and RasPis are magic ?

I like to fly smaller regional jets, commuter turboprops, and GA aircraft. The Dash-8 Q400 is my current favorite, but I'm loving the Pilatus PC-12 too.

I'd love to help with development if that's needed. Regularly on VATSIM or FSCloud, and occasionally streaming it on Twitch. Can't wait to see where POSCON goes!

KBOS / KHYA / KCQX

-Rob

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm Julio. Work as military aircraft mechanic, on Brazilian Air Force in real life, and enthusiast at flight sim! I have a couple of real hours piloting as PP as well. Started my flight siming passion with FS2002, passing through 2004 and FSX. Now my main sim is P3d v4. I have also XP11 but I actually invest money on P3d. I have been away from sim for some months but after upgrading my machine I wanna get back and learn more about sims and aviation itself. 

Today I was reading about flight sims and found out about POSCON. It seems awesome! I hope it works and fill some lacks when comparing real flight and sim flight in network. Will be great!

Glad to know all you!

Thank you

Julio

• Like 2

Hello,

I'm Mark. I have enjoyed flight simulation off and on for many years. Never got real serious with it. Started back with an IBM PC Jr and Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 with 4 colors lol.

Now fly X Plane 11 but it is stock. I am thinking of adding a few plug-ins and payware aircraft. I am getting into the IFR world having just got my real world instrument rating. Before that I flew mostly bush/backcountry type flying on FSX.

Real world I am commercial instrument rated multi-engine pilot and own a Kitfox experimental aircraft. Anyone on here enjoy Idaho backcountry flying?

I have flown PilotEdge and just heard about this, thought I would check it out. I am hoping for a great instrument and controlled environment to operate in X Plane.

KVEL, KOGD

-MJ

• Like 2