• Announcements

• Andrew

Welcome to the POSCON/ADX Forum!   08/22/2017

Hello and welcome to the Positive Control and AirDailyX joint web forum! As promised on AirDailyX.net, this forum is the first of many additions that aim to change ADX from the "insolent European/American FS news breaker" into a true flight simulation community. A new company called Positive Control (POSCON for short) has taken over operations at ADX to help facilitate this objective. Who and what is Positive Control? POSCON is a group of aviation professionals, hobbyists and enthusiasts who intend to advance the simulation community to its full potential. We plan on providing users with a network and user interface that adhere to the technological capabilities of this decade. Our mission is to foster a realistic simulation environment through the use of network integration, automation and training incentives. In keeping to our company's mission of providing the most realistic and modern simulation network available, our team has been carefully selected and consists of professionals within their respective fields. These professionals include real pilots, ATC, investment bankers, retired professors, and journalists. How does this relate to AirDailyX? It is quite simple, ADX has an amazing following of very passionate individuals. By generating discussions, getting user feedback, and working with flight simulation developers, we will be able to create the biggest and most influential platform that the flight simulation community has ever seen.
    • Andrew

Join POSCON/ADX at FlightSimExpo 2018!   12/09/2017

FIRST ANNUAL FlightSimExpo ANNOUNCES JUNE 2018 ARRIVAL IN LAS VEGAS

Interest in the first annual FlightSimExpo has taken off – with more than 25 organizations expressing initial commitment to making the new event in Las Vegas a huge success. Interested attendees are encouraged to follow the conference on Twitter (@FlightSimExpo) and ‘like’ the conference on Facebook (facebook.com/FlightSimExpo) to stay up to date.

LAS VEGAS – December 8 – FlightSimExpo 2018, a new, community-driven flight simulation conference, will be held the weekend of June 9-10, 2018 at Flamingo Las Vegas Resort. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip and minutes from the airport, Flamingo Las Vegas Resort has newly-renovated rooms, modern meeting space, a great rewards program, and features a Caribbean-style water park and tropical wildlife habitat.

FlightSimExpo 2018 will feature a variety of interactive exhibits, and a host of educational and informative seminars from professionals across the aviation and flight simulation industries. In addition, there will be social events after conference hours for networking and connecting with other simulation enthusiasts, aviation professionals, and developers from across the simulation industry.

The conference was formed by a group of community organizers from Boston Virtual ARTCC who have years of experience in flight simulation, aviation, and event planning. FSExpo plans to bring simulation enthusiasts, current and former aviation professionals, and anyone else who has an interest in flight simulation or aviation together to witness the advances and developments within the industry. This conference is truly community-driven: the venue, host city, and activities have all been determined by feedback from the community and developers. Early support from Orbx, X-Plane, and the new AirDailyX team helped make this event into a reality. At AirDailyX, we are proud to announce that as official sponsors of this event, we will stream live from several locations across the event and allow our viewers across the world to not only watch live but also participate in the different conferences and Q&A sessions. This event is going to be very special as we will host the Positive Control team to reveal ground-breaking developments and achievements to enhance the flight simulation industry.  We encourage everyone to participate in the planning of the conference by joining in discussions that will take place in a FlightSimExpo forum to be hosted on the new AirDailyX forum. That will be released along with our brand new web site in the upcoming days. Stay tuned for more information on these exciting developments! Early bird registration will start at just $50 for the weekend, and a 3-night stay at the FlightSimExpo special event rate will be approximately $135/night, including all taxes and fees.

Visit www.flightsimexpo.com for more information about the event and venue. Interested attendees are also encouraged to follow FSExpo on Twitter (@FlightSimExpo) and like the conference on Facebook (facebook.com/FlightSimExpo) for updates.
Nico

New ADX Site Feedback

Hello my friends,

We are 100% committed to making sure that going forward, your experience in ADX site is all you ever wanted it to be. Your feedback, positive or negative, is worth everything to us. And any improvements that you suggest will be promptly implemented. 

Please use this thread to drop a few lines about your user experience in the new ADX. 

Leave content aside, now that we built the infrastructure we wanted, we are working hard to bring you the best and most complete coverage in the industry.

Thank you in advance!

Nico 

I think, certainly for people that don't visit the forum so often that there's significant potential for confusion between what is POSCON, and what is ADX, and where the line (if any) is between the two; it's not that clear

1 hour ago, aeroniemi said:

I think, certainly for people that don't visit the forum so often that there's significant potential for confusion between what is POSCON, and what is ADX, and where the line (if any) is between the two; it's not that clear

I apologize in advanced if there is a confusion between ADX and PosCon. This is not by design but a side effect of the situation. 

A complete refurbish of ADX required substantial resources and capital. PosCon provided both of those. So the line is naturally gray today but will become more evidend and segregated once the PosCon network goes live later this year. Instead of only having the ADX forums to the registered users, we also granted access to the general PosCon forums which are hosted by the same server in order to allow you guys to witness the pricess of creating a completely new network from scratch. However, if this creates confusion, we can always remove those priviledges and only have the ADX forum accesible. Is this creating a confusion?

i also wanted to touch on another issue. You have simmers that love flying online, simmers that hate it, and users that would love to but feel overwhelmed by the experience. The issue with the current networks is that they expect everyone to know everything without actually spending the time to train new pilots. 

Very few controllers actually walk beginers through the process without eventualy losing their patience. This a situation that I always understood but at the same time thought it could change one day. 

So by granting all of you access to the general poscon forum, we want those new pilots to experience and become comfortable with the great experience of flying amid busy skies with “real” ATC without ever feeling like they dont belong there. 

I hope this is clear but I be happy to address specific concerns. 

Nico

11 hours ago, Nico said:

I apologize in advanced if there is a confusion between ADX and PosCon. This is not by design but a side effect of the situation. 

A complete refurbish of ADX required substantial resources and capital. PosCon provided both of those. So the line is naturally gray today but will become more evidend and segregated once the PosCon network goes live later this year. Instead of only having the ADX forums to the registered users, we also granted access to the general PosCon forums which are hosted by the same server in order to allow you guys to witness the pricess of creating a completely new network from scratch. However, if this creates confusion, we can always remove those priviledges and only have the ADX forum accesible. Is this creating a confusion?

i also wanted to touch on another issue. You have simmers that love flying online, simmers that hate it, and users that would love to but feel overwhelmed by the experience. The issue with the current networks is that they expect everyone to know everything without actually spending the time to train new pilots. 

Very few controllers actually walk beginers through the process without eventualy losing their patience. This a situation that I always understood but at the same time thought it could change one day. 

So by granting all of you access to the general poscon forum, we want those new pilots to experience and become comfortable with the great experience of flying amid busy skies with “real” ATC without ever feeling like they dont belong there. 

I hope this is clear but I be happy to address specific concerns. 

Nico

This is all really cool and I think the status quo isn't something that needs to be changed around, but that's just my humble 2 cents.

At the same time, here's where I think the confusion comes in from my particular point of view... I joined this site because I was told about POSCON by some friends of mine. I went to poscon.net, clicked signed up, and was directed here. Because this is still "forums.poscon.net", the difference between POSCON and ADX was a bit blurred... I hadn't heard of ADX in my life before then. Of course, reading @Andrew's announcements right up the top of the page, that swiftly quelled any confusion I had. I suppose if this can be explained a bit more directly to people who came here like me there won't be any blurriness at all... not that the blurriness is a particularly huge issue anyway :)

Very Well Done.

You guys did an outstanding job on the site. It looks great.

thanks 

52 minutes ago, Albie C said:

Very Well Done.

You guys did an outstanding job on the site. It looks great.

thanks 

Thanks a lot man! That means a lot

Congratulations on the new site. Quite an improvement and much easier to navigate :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton ASEL

Edited by N400QW

Holy crap, sorry guys but so far the whole new site is horrible!  Don't understand why sometimes things are better left alone. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Richard B said:

Holy crap, sorry guys but so far the whole new site is horrible!  Don't understand why sometimes things are better left alone. 

Lol, ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, benson wong said:

AirDailyX is hosting a weekly screenshot competition  

AirDailyX.net/contests cant to login  seem some error  "We can't find an account registered with that address or username"

We can't find an account registered with that address or username

You are using your email address and password from POSCON?

On 1/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, MirFlightbeam said:

I agree nice work on the site, and it's also nice to have forums. Cheers

You dont think you are going to pass unnoticed, right?

big fan of ALL your products!

I wish there was a working RSS feed. I use a homepage by Protopage.com where I can use feeds to show new content when it's posted. It worked perfect with the old ADX website but not with this one. When I select the RSS feed icon I get a "Best airdailyx feeds" with a blank screen and a comment of "No matching results".

If I try to use the URL https://www.airdailyx.net/news/, it doesn't work either. Perhaps because of the secure aspect of the URL.

Cheers, Thad

59 minutes ago, Thad W said:

I wish there was a working RSS feed. I use a homepage by Protopage.com where I can use feeds to show new content when it's posted. It worked perfect with the old ADX website but not with this one. When I select the RSS feed icon I get a "Best airdailyx feeds" with a blank screen and a comment of "No matching results".

If I try to use the URL https://www.airdailyx.net/news/, it doesn't work either. Perhaps because of the secure aspect of the URL.

Cheers, Thad

Hi Thad,

I forwarded your email to our developers. Hopefully we can come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Andrew

On 1/27/2018 at 6:20 PM, Andrew said:

Hi Thad,

I forwarded your email to our developers. Hopefully we can come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Andrew

Using the ADX URL as the feed works now Andrew, thanks!

Cheers,

Thad