Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

X-Plane ATIS disabled

Peter 1028518

The X-Plane client takes over the radio channels completely when logged in, also when a radio is tuned to an ATIS frequency.

As POSCON does not have active ATIS I would prefer the client mixes X-Plane radio channel voice with POSCON voice.

I use ATIS regularly when arriving at an airport.

Or is there a setting for it?

Edited by Peter 1028518

• 2 weeks later...
  • Network Directors

I think the idea is that we don't want the ATIS from X-Plane being used if you are connected to the network because ATC may have different information for you.

The problem is that the ATIS/ASOS/AWOS we were providing previously had a bug in the system and we had to take it offline indefinitely until such time as we can make repairs.

I expect we will have ATIS/ASOS/AWOS working in the next couple of months.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

2 hours ago, Andrew Heath said:

I think the idea is that we don't want the ATIS from X-Plane being used if you are connected to the network because ATC may have different information for you.

The problem is that the ATIS/ASOS/AWOS we were providing previously had a bug in the system and we had to take it offline indefinitely until such time as we can make repairs.

I expect we will have ATIS/ASOS/AWOS working in the next couple of months.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks, In the meantime I would prefer a preference setting which mixes in the X-Plane radio sound in to the system on request.
For now getting the QNH cloudbase, wind and visibility you have to switch to the weather setting screen which ghosts your connection. There is not much ATC on POSCON so there is not really much alternative.

Edited by Peter 1028518