Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Flightplan should accept "VFR" as level

Peter 1028518

Thanks for the clarification Peter.
It turns out this is already implemented! But instead of "VFR", use the letter "V" alone. This is how it is indicated in the official ICAO flight plan form.

For future reference, check out the tiny (i) icon next to the item name, it has a brief description on the accepted syntax and values for each field.

15 minutes ago, Maher Abaza said:

Thanks for the clarification Peter.
It turns out this is already implemented! But instead of "VFR", use the letter "V" alone. This is how it is indicated in the official ICAO flight plan form.

For future reference, check out the tiny (i) icon next to the item name, it has a brief description on the accepted syntax and values for each field.

According ICAO DOC 4444 latest edition 16, of 2016, in appendix 2, page A2-9 at the top, it should be "VFR", not "V" in item 15b.
The abbreviation "V" is for item 8. see page A2-4

That is also copied to legally official AIP documents of several countries.

So what now is in POSCON flightplan is incorrect, but I will use "V" in item 15 for the time being. Thank you very much for this suggestion.