Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Compatibility

Alex G.

Hi, due to my PC specs I run FS9. And reading through the comments I’ve discovered there is no compatibility forums, and well that’s why I created one. My question is it compatible with Fs9(2004). And if not and y’all buy Vatsim then will Fsinn and Squawkbox still b working. Lastly my other question, is Poscon separate from Vatsim, like pilotedge and if y’all do again buy Vatsim will you make voice in it as well 

thank you,

Alex Gowen 

Edited by Boeing7577

I don't know whether POSCON's Pilot Client will support FS9 so I'll defer that to someone knowledgeable.

However, just to clear up a couple points of confusion:

VATSIM, PilotEdge, IVAO, and eventually PosCon are all separate multiplayer (<-- term used loosely) networks.  You do not "buy" them, you "connect to" them.  Each one has certain programs/apps you use to connect your simulator to their network.  VATSIM has several different Pilot Clients; IVAO and PilotEdge each have one main one nm(I believe).  Some networks are free, and some (such as PilotEdge) require you to buy a monthly or annual subscription to be allowed to connect to it.

Hope that helps...

Wait -- I think I misunderstood what you meant by "buy VATSIM."  LOL!  I got it now.

My unsolicited advice (from an outsider's perspective) -- wait for an official statement from the founders / owners of POSCON.  In the other FS news posts & on Facebook, there are a ton of people posting speculation based on little infinitesimal pieces of that discussion that have leaked out & been posted out of context, which subsequent responders are assuming as fact, & then it just blows up from there.