Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

POSCON Demo Video

Arko Basu

Hi,

From those who attended the Expo at Las Vegas, they had very good things to say about POSCON. Any chance for those who did not attend to get a look at how it was ? I've looked in youtube, but couldnt find anything except for one interview. Do you guys have some videos of the demo at work ?

Cheers

Arko

• Like 1

• Network Directors

Hi, ya sorry for not getting better videos from Expo! We were hoping that more streamers would have passed by and created some video content for us, but they didn't ?

Anyway, we hope to eventually post some more videos on our Facebook page (and here) in the coming weeks!

@morkunas Btw, that video is absolutely amazing! I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, Andrew said:

Hi, ya sorry for not getting better videos from Expo! We were hoping that more streamers would have passed by and created some video content for us, but they didn't ?

I imagine it may be because POSCON is still in its early development stage without the ability to really get 'hands on'.

There was a lot of chatter, even a store page on steam about 'ROTATE' prior to its abvoius money grab kickstarter and subsequent demise for not making its $100,000(I think) target.

Some people were looking forward to a June beta that has been pushed back to a end 2018/early 2019 date. I understand development takes time but I really think you guys missed the summer influx of pilots/ATC that the other networks get, also with FSX/Xplane in the steam summer sale.

As I only really do my VATSIM ATC streams I'll be trying out POSCON once it goes publicly live but an aggressive marketing strategy prior to it should be done.

• Network Directors

@SquawkModeCharlie I will be the first to admit that I too was disappointed that we missed our June beta deadline, but after working closely with our developers to bring us to Alpha, I now fully understand the complexities that go into developing a flight simulation network. It is a very large challenge to say the least.

We are generally not concerned with marketing or gaining a significant amount of new members at this point, because well, whats the point? We don't need to raise capital and we don't feel that putting our name out there anymore than we already have will have a significant impact. Our best marketing strategy right now is word of mouth from the people that read this forum. I can confidently say the correct course of action is to put 100% of our effort into developing an amazing product rather than an amazing marketing strategy.

You are absolutely correct though, a large marketing campaign is necessary at some point and will most likely occur around the open beta stage when having a significant amount of members makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for your insight!

• Like 2

Yeah I'd have to agree with Andrew on this one. As with the scenery and plane add-ons they try to balance marketing and developing and all that causes is inpatient flight simmers. This community has a hard time being positive and waiting. Developers don't like putting deadlines as if they break it then everyone gets upset. Best thing right now is to just develop, there isn't any sense in pushing a campaign when the beta isn't ready. When the time comes and the product is ready to be marketed, then more forces can be moved that way. You have to remember how this community acts and giving them a working product goes much further then marketing an unfinished product.

• Like 2