Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome to the British!

Andrew Heath

• Network Directors

Hello and welcome to everyone interested in the United Kingdom Division of POSCON! I have created this forum to explore the possibility of releasing a division for United Kingdom during beta testing. The only way we will release with this division is if enough people show interest, so get all your friends to join this club and make sure that they stay active! If there is enough interest and discussion, we will devote our resources to creating the necessary infrastructure. We are going to need your help though with sector file construction and writing procedures! If you have any interest in helping us write this material, please email [email protected]

• Thanks 1

• Network Directors
1 hour ago, aeroniemi said:

Eurocontrol is simply a association to make coordination between ANSPs work better, without having much say over what these ANSPs in each country do; more like ICAO than a divisional area

Understood. The nomenclature is simply being used to indicate that the European countries are under a single "mega" division.

We can always change it later to something more appropriate though. If you have suggestions, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Network Directors
On 12/29/2017 at 7:37 AM, georgebarlow said:

So are we having a website like https://vatsim.uk and kind of mirroring them as per we have our own training system and core system which our division only manages?

One of the biggest complaints at VATUK is the speed at which training occurs. We are going to do our best to minimize these delays by keeping generic training centralized using computer-based training. Local one-on-one training will still be a major part of POSCON, but it is important for both the speed of training and standardization to maintain a generic training center that can teach students basic ATC and pilot concepts.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 4:41 AM, Andrew said:

One of the biggest complaints at VATUK is the speed at which training occurs. We are going to do our best to minimize these delays by keeping generic training centralized using computer-based training. Local one-on-one training will still be a major part of POSCON, but it is important for both the speed of training and standardization to maintain a generic training center that can teach students basic ATC and pilot concepts.

so like VATUK, moodle is still part of the system, but how will your 1-1 training be faster? will there be a rating transfer system?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, Andrew said:

You mean from VATSIM -> POSCON? Yes, we will have a rating transfer available for a limited time (6 to 12 months) after release.

I think that will be good, i am not to sure if you will accept the rating system from IVAO? But i actually am a center controller and have my senior private pilots licence looking to get up to commercial pilots licence. I have also helped train a few people over the course of my period being on the network so that could also come in handy to those who need a bank in the right direction if needs be :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Greetings from Hong Kong! 

I am a long time VATSIM and IVAO controller and I have got a pilot licence and radiotelephony licence from the UK. 
Hopefully, there could be different LARS (or at least a large Farnboro' LARS covering London) for low level GA traffic in the new POSCON:)
I will also be able to help as well (perhaps as a visiting controller):)

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines.