Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

UHF and HF Frequency support

JB3DG

On 8/25/2019 at 8:26 AM, JB3DG said:

Any chance these could be supported? P3D now allows for the regular COM radios to reach these ranges.

I feel that this would be a case by case bases, their are many plugins that add a UHF/HF frequency tones to your simulator, just as it is in vatsim, if it is not an option on the actual client, I am sure there will be support from a third party plugin.

1 hour ago, Andrew H. said:

They support these ranges? Since when?

On 8/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, JB3DG said:

Any chance these could be supported? P3D now allows for the regular COM radios to reach these ranges.

I don't know exactly if it is supported in P3D, but it's supported in FSX, if and only if you have add on aircrafts(mostly payware).

I know that you can set HF frequency in PMDG aircarfts(777 and 747 that I have), but this is not related to any multiplayer networks.

Edited by veselko

14 minutes ago, Andrew H. said:

Because you can set them in PMDG doesn't mean they are supported in P3D. I think they are there for ascetically purposes in the case of PMDG. Perhaps someday we could integrate directly with PMDG and avoid P3D altogether.

That would be realy good.

But in case it's not possible, you can always select frequency on dedicated radio interface like in video, so I hope HF, VHF and UHF will be used on POSCON.

As far as I know, this will be the fisrt network to use different frequency ranges.

Also I hope we won't see text only pilots or ATCs, thats highly unrealistic(except of controller-pilot data link).