Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

network supervisor

NerissaT00

5 hours ago, Lukas Svaton said:

It does sound like a good idea. Well the way i would interpret it is a Supervisor system which authorized "Supervisor Audit managers" can finally Vito or accept the system automated decisions on a member.

Basically POSCON team having the final authority to revoke the automated decision made by the Auto Supervisor.

i am guest seem maybe sometime didn't have supervisor online ,the automate system will run it after you call sup. or they will find the issue even you didnt call sup .  when sup come online they will have a look at system and have the manual to accept or not . that was i think only 

• Network Directors

Any supervisor function that can be automated, is being automated. However, there are some things that simply cannot be automated, and for those issues we have devised all new tools for supervisors. Our goal is to operate with a skeleton crew as much as possible.

POSCON will have a new role though that will require a lot of work. We envision the people who enjoyed being SUPs on VATSIM/IVAO, will most likely apply for this new role. This new role is called "moderator" and it will have a whole new set of responsibilities attached with it. I will not go into great detail about it, but expect to learn more about it when beta is released. 

• 2 months later...
On 22/1/2018 at 1:40 AM, Andrew said:

Any supervisor function that can be automated, is being automated. However, there are some things that simply cannot be automated, and for those issues we have devised all new tools for supervisors. Our goal is to operate with a skeleton crew as much as possible.

POSCON will have a new role though that will require a lot of work. We envision the people who enjoyed being SUPs on VATSIM/IVAO, will most likely apply for this new role. This new role is called "moderator" and it will have a whole new set of responsibilities attached with it. I will not go into great detail about it, but expect to learn more about it when beta is released. 

If not have experience as sup at both network  , but they have some staff experience at one of network is that also welcome to apply ?    maybe they can spend a lot of time on the network 

• Network Directors

Anyone can apply to be a moderator, but again we are not hiring for that position yet.

The two roles of Moderators are the following: moderating feedback and supervising network activities.

• When moderating pilot/controller feedback, Moderators will be limited to region.
  • When Moderators are acting as supervisors, they will be global.

I hope this makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Anyone can apply to be a moderator, but again we are not hiring for that position yet.

The two roles of Moderators are the following: moderating feedback and supervising network activities.

• When moderating pilot/controller feedback, Moderators will be limited to region.
  • When Moderators are acting as supervisors, they will be global.

I hope this makes sense.

so actually not  any minimum requirement ?

• Network Directors

For pilot Moderators, the hiring priority will be real world pilots.

For ATC Moderators, the hiring priority will be real world ATC.

There will be a minimum age for a Moderator. For now that age is 18, but we may increase it later on.

Experience as a supervisor on another network will be a huge plus, but is by no means a requirement or a guarantee you will get hired here.

Additional requirements may follow, as I said the position is not something we have fully decided on yet, the above are preliminary considerations.