Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Trip not recorded in Trips System

KSI

Hi all,

I made a trip earlier today from KBOS to KMIA via the Trips System & the live map showed me as taking 167 people.

I landed in KMIA, parked up at the ramp & logged out. I expected to see a notification telling me that I had completed the trip.

However, I didn't receive any notification & in my points, I didn't get the acknowledgement that I had completed a trip.

It also looks like there is no record of the 167 people that flew & the number of pax waiting in KBOS to go to KMIA is still the same number before I made the trip. Maybe they were unhappy with the pilot & returned to KBOS!

The only issue that cropped up during the flight was that the Launcher crashed on my PC & I had to restart it.

Anyone else have similar problems?

This is the second time this has happened to me & I would like to know if it I'm doing something wrong. I don't think I am because yesterday my trip from KDEN to KBOS was recorded & I got the points for the trip.

Cheers,

KSI

• 3 weeks later...

Hi KSI,

did you shut down all systems in the a/c

I observed a similar behaviour on my round trip from EDDF to LOWW and back. The First leg from EDDF to LOWW was shown during flight and also recorded as wheels down on LOWW. However the final statement "Completing Trip ..." was missing on my profile page. I checked out/logged out of the system but without having shutdown the a/c completely (as it was on turn around).

The second leg back to EDDF was filed as new flight plan, I logged back in, the flight was recorded and after I shutdown the a/c completely in FRA, the trip was recorded, additional 10 points rewarded for completing the trip and the transported passengers also show up in the system.

So, for me it seems that you have to put your aircraft into cold and dark mode before logging off to have everything recorded correctly.

Greetings,

R.

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the suggestion.

So I made 3 trips from KBOS to KMIA in the space of 3 days. Each trip shows as landed and complete in green at the top. So, I think that was all I needed to do to get the points. But I only got the 15 ( 3 x 5) points for activating the 3 flightplans. But not the 30 (3 x 10) points for the short trip. And the passenger numbers would say as enroute during the flights. But as soon as I landed the numbers would be added back to the pax waiting in the KBOS departure column.

So, after the 3 trips, I gave up & made a trip from KMIA to KLAX. And when I completed this trip, I received a notification almost immediately about the 30 points for the long trip. After that, I made other trips & received the points. And the pax numbers would also stay deducted.

It doesn't look like shutting down  the aircraft makes a difference. But I don't know what's happening. I've also noticed that LFPG has -184 for LOWW. It's been showing that for some time. So, that's quite strange as well. It's probably a small bug. It's no big deal.

KSI

On 2/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, KSI said:

It doesn't look like shutting down  the aircraft makes a difference. But I don't know what's happening. I've also noticed that LFPG has -184 for LOWW. It's been showing that for some time. So, that's quite strange as well. It's probably a small bug. It's no big deal.

Yep, I discovered, that shutting down the aircraft does not make a difference. By now, I have done a couple of flights and only once I got points for completing a trip.

All flights show up as "Activated FP xxxxxx" and give +5. All of the flights recorded as "Wheels off [dep airport]" and "Wheels on [arrival airport]" like this one:

Wheels OFF at EDDF 18:02z
Wheels ON at LOWW 19:11z
Squawk set to 0000 19:12z
Disconnected from POSCON 19:33z

but only one shows up like this one "Completing Trip LOWW - EDDF as AUA125" and giving +10 (and calculating the passengers on the TRIP page of the airport).

Is this behavior dependent from a setting or an aircraft state in the simulator (I am using X-Plane)? Or do I have to trigger something for the completed-message?
Last question: is the completed status only applied to flights from and to TRIP-airports?

Ralf.

19 hours ago, Ralf 1029417 said:

Is this behavior dependent from a setting or an aircraft state in the simulator (I am using X-Plane)? Or do I have to trigger something for the completed-message?

Last question: is the completed status only applied to flights from and to TRIP-airports?

Ralf.

Hey Ralf,

I'm also using  X-Plane. So I don't think there's anything to set. Just login to POSCON from inside X-Plane & go flying. I don't think there's anything to trigger.

Also, the flight plan must have been filed from the Live Map (Click on LOWW then click on EDDF from the list) & click on File a Flight Plan. BTW, the list shows that Ralf S has taken 165 people from LOWW to EDDF. If that's you, then you have done everything correctly.  I wonder if each pilot is only allowed to the do TRIP once?

The completed status applies to all completed flight plans regardless of whether it is from the TRIP system.

KSI

2 hours ago, KSI said:

I'm also using  X-Plane. So I don't think there's anything to set. Just login to POSCON from inside X-Plane & go flying. I don't think there's anything to trigger.

Also, the flight plan must have been filed from the Live Map (Click on LOWW then click on EDDF from the list) & click on File a Flight Plan. BTW, the list shows that Ralf S has taken 165 people from LOWW to EDDF. If that's you, then you have done everything correctly.  I wonder if each pilot is only allowed to the do TRIP once?

The completed status applies to all completed flight plans regardless of whether it is from the TRIP system.

Hm, that is, what I was doing - login inside X-Plane and then flying, the flight plan has been filed and clearance was requested via Web UI.

The one flight you mention is the one that states the completion message - but: I flew from EDDF to LOWW directly before the flight back and this one did not count, instead it shows as flight EDDF to EDDF - very weird ?

I did another flight after this one again from EDDF to LOWW and that one again is not marked as completed and did not count any passengers.

Well, I don't really mind if the points or the pax for the flight, but I do want to know what to do for everything working as expected. I will continue testing different settings as well as filing the FP via different ways (Simbrief, Poscon Website, SimToolkitPro, etc.) - maybe one day I will find the correct way... ?

Ralf.

13 minutes ago, Ralf 1029417 said:

Hm, that is, what I was doing - login inside X-Plane and then flying, the flight plan has been filed and clearance was requested via Web UI.

The one flight you mention is the one that states the completion message - but: I flew from EDDF to LOWW directly before the flight back and this one did not count, instead it shows as flight EDDF to EDDF - very weird ?

I did another flight after this one again from EDDF to LOWW and that one again is not marked as completed and did not count any passengers.

Well, I don't really mind if the points or the pax for the flight, but I do want to know what to do for everything working as expected. I will continue testing different settings as well as filing the FP via different ways (Simbrief, Poscon Website, SimToolkitPro, etc.) - maybe one day I will find the correct way... ?

Ralf.

Regarding the EDDF to EDDF thing - how long were you disconnected at LOWW ebfore flying back if at all? If you log out, change callsign and log back in within I think it was 15 minutes the system assumes you had a disconnect and want to continue the previous flight. The result of that is it thinking it is one flight hence why it shows EDDF - EDDF.

14 hours ago, Chris E said:

Regarding the EDDF to EDDF thing - how long were you disconnected at LOWW ebfore flying back if at all? If you log out, change callsign and log back in within I think it was 15 minutes the system assumes you had a disconnect and want to continue the previous flight. The result of that is it thinking it is one flight hence why it shows EDDF - EDDF.

Might have been shorter than 15min. Interesting that I filed two separate flightplans with different callsigns/flight numbers. When logging back in, I used the new callsign and after landing in Frankfurt, the two trips have been combined to one flight with the flightnumber for the flight back (and with both routes showing as one on the map).

7 hours ago, Ralf 1029417 said:

Might have been shorter than 15min. Interesting that I filed two separate flightplans with different callsigns/flight numbers. When logging back in, I used the new callsign and after landing in Frankfurt, the two trips have been combined to one flight with the flightnumber for the flight back (and with both routes showing as one on the map).

That's something I have encountered on several occasions already. Even if I filed a flight plan beforehand (usually do that for the amount of sectors im gonna fly) and then sign out/sign in with a new callsign the line of the live map continues and it shows it as one flight only.
So the only thing I could advise is try to sign out, wait at least 15 mins before signing back in and checking if the historical flight path disappeared. Then it might work

Quick update.

So I made 3 trips between yesterday & today. Yesterday, I did KMIA-KATL & today I did KATL-KMIA & KMIA-KATL.  Each time, I disconnected & quit X-Plane before the subsequent trip.

And I received 3 x 10 points & 3 x 5 points for them. The pax numbers also came down accordingly & my 2 KMIA-KATL pax numbers have been combined into 1 -line.

Clearly the Trip System is working rather well. But it seems, once in a while, it doesn't play ball! ?

On 2/15/2022 at 8:35 PM, Chris E said:

Try it again please but just stay disconnected rather than restarting the sim and see if that works. I am unfortunately not home until Friday afternoon earliest so I am unable to check myself

Hi Chris,

Just a quick confirmation that this works. I logged off from POSCON after completing 1 trip. Filed another flightplan (with a different callsign) & logged on, flew the trip & landed. Both trips were recognised. So it's all good.

But as Juvenal points out, if the Launcher crashes during the trip then that causes issues.

13 hours ago, KSI said:

Hi Chris,

Just a quick confirmation that this works. I logged off from POSCON after completing 1 trip. Filed another flightplan (with a different callsign) & logged on, flew the trip & landed. Both trips were recognised. So it's all good.

But as Juvenal points out, if the Launcher crashes during the trip then that causes issues.

Hi chief,

Thanks for reporting back! I have suspected that the issue is simply that you logged back in too early since the system 'saves' your flight in case the client crashes or something. But yeah, that's something that should be looked into.

Hi Chris,

No problem!

But if you see above, my issue was not the same as Ralf's issue. And now I have more information on what is happening at least to me.

At any point during a flight from  the TRIP system, if I encounter a crash of the Launcher or if I go into ghost mode for whatever reason, I am not awarded the points for completing the trip.

If I then repeat the same trip again & I don't have a Launcher crash or enter Ghost mode, I still do not receive the points for the TRIP.

I can repeat the trip as many times as I want. But I simply will not receive the trip points. I will however receive the flight plan activation points.

At this point, I can say that this happens if I use the same flight number. It would be interesting to see if a change of flight number makes a difference.

It's not really the most important issue that needs fixing. But I think it's something that needs looking at.

22 hours ago, KSI said:

Hi Chris,

No problem!

But if you see above, my issue was not the same as Ralf's issue. And now I have more information on what is happening at least to me.

At any point during a flight from  the TRIP system, if I encounter a crash of the Launcher or if I go into ghost mode for whatever reason, I am not awarded the points for completing the trip.

If I then repeat the same trip again & I don't have a Launcher crash or enter Ghost mode, I still do not receive the points for the TRIP.

I can repeat the trip as many times as I want. But I simply will not receive the trip points. I will however receive the flight plan activation points.

At this point, I can say that this happens if I use the same flight number. It would be interesting to see if a change of flight number makes a difference.

It's not really the most important issue that needs fixing. But I think it's something that needs looking at.

Hi!

So AJ has actually been writing something regarding that on the Discord server. Since I don't know whether you are on there as well I will paste it here: 

This will be fixed when we introduce the concept of a "flight"

The launcher needs to be modified when we do this. You will be able to resume the "flight" or start a new "flight" with the click of a button

The server will then reassociate your connection with that flight or start a new one, even if the connection was lost or in the case of a quick turn, you maintain the connection.

He then proposed to try using the PPOS procedure if the disconnection has been less than 15 minutes and see if you still won't get the points