Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Trips Observations

KSI

So a new month is here & we have a new set of airports & pairings to fly between.

I have a couple of questions about them.

1.  I notice that 10 airports have been retained from last month with 3 new additions from Brazil & 1 from Germany. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I expected fewer retentions & more newer airports.

2. Some of the airport pairings will be impossible to fly passengers to/from. SBSP (Congonhas) has 2 runways of length 1495 metres / 4905 feet & 1940 metres / 6364 feet respectively.  But EDDM, EDDF & KSFO are on the list of its departure destinations. EDDM is also on the arrival list. I can't see any aircraft that could make these long journeys being able to land from or takeoff to these 3 destinations with these runway dimensions. I suspect a sanity check needs to be done when new airports & new pairings are added to ensure that long journeys can be flown.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KSI said:

So a new month is here & we have a new set of airports & pairings to fly between.

I have a couple of questions about them.

1.  I notice that 10 airports have been retained from last month with 3 new additions from Brazil & 1 from Germany. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I expected fewer retentions & more newer airports.

2. Some of the airport pairings will be impossible to fly passengers to/from. SBSP (Congonhas) has 2 runways of length 1495 metres / 4905 feet & 1940 metres / 6364 feet respectively.  But EDDM, EDDF & KSFO are on the list of its departure destinations. EDDM is also on the arrival list. I can't see any aircraft that could make these long journeys being able to land from or takeoff to these 3 destinations with these runway dimensions. I suspect a sanity check needs to be done when new airports & new pairings are added to ensure that long journeys can be flown.

Hey KSI, how are you?

1 - Some POSCON officials said on Discord that some problem may have happened with the airports in February because it wasn't supposed to allow for a repeat. Or maybe the list could have been reset. Anyway, that's the rule: 10 newer airports every month.

2 - I noticed this "problem" too. But maybe some bizjet could execute that leg, or not? And yes, I agree with you, you need to check future routes to avoid this “troll”.

Hey Juvenal,

Thanks for the information from Discord. So I understood the new airports philosophy every month correctly.  It's no big deal.

You are absolutely correct that there are biz jets that can travel over 5000 nm non-stop which can execute these legs from short runways. I completely forgot about them!

But when there are over 3000 pax waiting & the capacity of these jets is 20 or less, there aren't enough days in a month to move them all! Only kidding! ?

• Haha 1