Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

X-Plane Interface

Hello Andrew/Poscon team,

I've been watching from a distance, and I am somewhat curious to the nature of the relationship of Poscon and X-Plane, and your intentions for the platform. As a user, I think it's fair to say that we have been rather disgruntled by the rather lacking support and innovation from vatsim and ivao. I don't suppose there is anything you can share with us as of yet? (with respect to development schedules and current reserved features.)

• Network Directors
On 4/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, Dellanie Byron said:

Hello Andrew/Poscon team,

I've been watching from a distance, and I am somewhat curious to the nature of the relationship of Poscon and X-Plane, and your intentions for the platform. As a user, I think it's fair to say that we have been rather disgruntled by the rather lacking support and innovation from vatsim and ivao. I don't suppose there is anything you can share with us as of yet? (with respect to development schedules and current reserved features.)

Mark Ellis of X-Camera is doing our X-Plane pilot client. He already has all the back-end code completed; we expect great things from his client! Personally, I am an X-plane user so I got your back :-D

• Like 3

On the subject of pilot clients, lots of ESP sim users I've spoken to don't like the fact that if you'e got only one screen, you have to keep alt-tabing between your pilot client and sim, whereas with the current old-generation ones for IVAO and VATSIM you have it built into your view of the simulator, so you only need one app open, and no need to tab between them. Will that be possible with the new clients?

• Network Directors
6 hours ago, aeroniemi said:

On the subject of pilot clients, lots of ESP sim users I've spoken to don't like the fact that if you'e got only one screen, you have to keep alt-tabing between your pilot client and sim, whereas with the current old-generation ones for IVAO and VATSIM you have it built into your view of the simulator, so you only need one app open, and no need to tab between them. Will that be possible with the new clients?

The new pilot clients are considered "headless" meaning we have designed them to operate in the background. Any interaction you will need with the pilot client user-interface can be accomplished through a web page. The advantage to this is that, if you have an add-on aircraft such as the Flight Factor A320, you can access the pilot client directly in the cockpit (see the video below). If you are using a phone or tablet, you can access the pilot client from there as well. While this doesn't completely eliminate the need for alt-tab, it does allow other options for the pilots to choose from. If a simmer wants to have a completely immersive VR experience, they would have to use an add-on that supports web page browsing in the cockpit.

• 2 weeks later...