Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Resource List

• Network Directors

Hi guys,

I wanted to make a list of the resources that we have to help establish this division. @Maher Abaza and his team has connections with CARC. I know we have the following:

1. All Jordanian SOPs (aviation side);
  2. Updated Airspace Diagrams;
  3. List of ATC phraseologies
  4. Sceneries:
    1. OJAI (almost done)
    2. OJAQ (in progress)
    3. OJAM (planned)
    4. Free Jordanian Sceneries: (OJMF, OJO1, and a couple of airbases and strips throughout the country)

As far as POSCON is concerned, what other resources do we need?

• Network Directors
16 hours ago, Mahmoud Fadli said:

Hi guys,

I wanted to make a list of the resources that we have to help establish this division. @Maher Abaza and his team has connections with CARC. I know we have the following:

1. All Jordanian SOPs (aviation side);
  2. Updated Airspace Diagrams;
  3. List of ATC phraseologies
  4. Sceneries:
    1. OJAI (almost done)
    2. OJAQ (in progress)
    3. OJAM (planned)
    4. Free Jordanian Sceneries: (OJMF, OJO1, and a couple of airbases and strips throughout the country)

As far as POSCON is concerned, what other resources do we need?

Are your airspace diagrams in EuroScope (.SCT2) format?

We will need airport briefing guides.

SOPs for ATC.

All else looks great! Good work!

• Network Directors
27 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Are your airspace diagrams in EuroScope (.SCT2) format?

We will need airport briefing guides.

SOPs for ATC.

All else looks great! Good work!

Hi Andrew,

Yes we definitely have EuroScope sectors -- I'll check the format. I know @Maher Abaza updated the sector to match the airport's real world specifications, in addition to some airspace updates.

I think we have the guides in the updated SOP that we just received from CARC. I'll double check. As far as SOPs go, we'll reach out to our contacts and get those prepared.

1 hour ago, Mahmoud Fadli said:

Hi Andrew,

Yes we definitely have EuroScope sectors -- I'll check the format. I know @Maher Abaza updated the sector to match the airport's real world specifications, in addition to some airspace updates.

I think we have the guides in the updated SOP that we just received from CARC. I'll double check. As far as SOPs go, we'll reach out to our contacts and get those prepared.

Hey guys,

Our current sector files are in (.SCT) format, negative (.SCT2).
As Mahmoud stated, I made some minor changes to those files, adding waypoints and SIDs, and also making a new ground layout.
We have the latest charts for our main airport (OJAI) from the Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission (CARC).

Let me know if there's anything I can do, always ready!

• 1 year later...

Hello again,

As far as SOPs go, we previously created a document for VATSIM pilots flying in/out of OJAI with simple outlines: here.
Aslo, for air traffic controllers willing to control in Jordan, @Mahmoud Fadli has created some documents long ago that I took as a reference to make a new one: here.

For POSCON, I intend to help making newer versions, probably more detailed and with proper referencing to the official AIP. I wonder what POSCON is looking for or expecting the ACCs to deliver and how to deliver it. I can get help from many pilots and controllers in Jordan (hopefully), and I welcome help from any Jordanians here who joined and are willing to assist!

Edited by Maher A.
Updated links of said documents.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines.