Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Flight replay: data of two flights mixed-up

Nick 1025154

Hello,

I just noticed my "recent flights" are not listed correctly on the dashboard, i.e. origin/destination are mixed-up in some cases or not captured at all ("ZZZZ"). When I click on a particular flight, the replay is a mix of two flights I took. If I click on "show more", however, the correct flight plans are displayed, but I'm unable to access the replay functionality from that list.

While the issue with incorrect data is probably known, is there a way to access the replay from the list of flight plans?

Hello Nick,

This is a common problem that happens with pilots who do not activate their flight plans properly.
Did you get a squawk code from the Web UI?

To access the replay, you would have to go to your flight plan briefing page. When it is correlated properly, you will see the replay button on the top right corner. But if it wasn't correlated (i.e. you got a squawk code and departed within the 2-hour window) you will not see that button.

In addition to that, your recent flights show the "connections" and not the flight plans. So if you got disconnected, it might show a separate "connection" that starts from mid-air onward, hence the "ZZZZ" you see in your origin.

Hello Maher

Yes, I do get the squawk after I logon to the respective FIR and will set it accordingly: Squawk mode C once I push back and I back to standby when at the destination's gate/stand.

The "mixed data" I see when I did two flights on the same calendar day. The log looks fine to me i.e. everything is in sequence, yet summary is origin of the day's first flight to destination of the day's second flight.

The "ZZZZ" I see when I got disconnected from the network during flight, so that makes sense.

Out of the 7 flights I completed, I only get "view flight" for one of them. No idea what is missing: Squawk is set and departure is within the 2h time-frame, in most cases -3/+10 minutes of filed time.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 8:09 AM, Nick 1025154 said:

Hello Maher

Yes, I do get the squawk after I logon to the respective FIR and will set it accordingly: Squawk mode C once I push back and I back to standby when at the destination's gate/stand.

The "mixed data" I see when I did two flights on the same calendar day. The log looks fine to me i.e. everything is in sequence, yet summary is origin of the day's first flight to destination of the day's second flight.

The "ZZZZ" I see when I got disconnected from the network during flight, so that makes sense.

Out of the 7 flights I completed, I only get "view flight" for one of them. No idea what is missing: Squawk is set and departure is within the 2h time-frame, in most cases -3/+10 minutes of filed time.

Nick

Hello Nick!

I, along with some other people have experienced the same issues, I recommend the following things to ensure you will not see this error.

-Make sure you that your callsign in the flight plan is matched with your "LOGON" tab with the Web UI. This is very important because of POSCON's advanced system for flight tracking. The information is read when the transponder is squawking the corresponding code assigned to the callsign, and if you did not enter the right callsign on login, it will not be able to pull out a route or data because one did not technically exist in the eyes of the software.

-Ensure you are logging onto the correct area, this, like above is very important. I have often seen people put the airport code in which they are departing, for example: KDFW, this is not correct and the system *should* rebuke it. The correct entry would be KUSA. So please reference the codes corresponding to your departure area of flight.

Happy landings!
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.

My "sort of thing" is usually to simulate a RL flight: same route, same type of AC and engines, same callsign, same registration on the livery, ideally even starting from the same stand - or at least correct terminal :) etc.; so before I logon to any network or even load the sim, I already know what aircraft, what route and what callsign I'm going to use. First step is usually pre-filing the FP to the network I want to fly, then load the sim with the data set for what I want to fly, and I always verify if the pre-filed FP is loaded (typos can happen...).

Neither the "mix-up" of two flights on the same day (done as described above) nor the missing replay for most of my flights I can explain, yet I understand POSCON is beta and things might be on the move and probably fixed already. I'll do a couple of more flights over the next few days to check if I can reproduce this and report back if so.