Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

pilot rating training ?

NerissaT00

• Network Directors
6 hours ago, NerissaT00 said:

it seem all talking about ATC is that more news about pilot side ? have any idea of pilot training ? wart softwave for exam ?  what ranking for we? 

I actually rather not reveal our master plan to how this will work, but pilot training has been well thought out and planned.

A couple of things that I will reveal:

• There will be an entrance "evaluation".
  • There will be a way that pilots are held accountable for blatant mistakes.
  • There will be a "ranking" system.

I want to keep this part of the project a little bit vague because it will separate us from other networks. It is extremely hard not to tell all the details because I am super excited about it.

• Like 4

When I was  control of both virtual traffic services.  i was also encountered some pilot are very "scare"   controller .so sometimes they would say first to me or not . after that they would change another airport or disconnect  is that have any  function to help  the "new pilot" .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Network Directors
21 hours ago, Lukas Svaton said:

Additionally, any possibilities for rating transfer from IVAO/VATSIM?

For ATC, ratings will transfer for an undetermined period of time after initial release. When that time is up, then we will no longer offer the rating transfer. We may or may not offer this for the pilot ratings as well. 

• 2 months later...

as we know some vatsim or ivao training time are extremely long if they already at some position are student (solo) is that able for him to upgrade to the poscon 

for example at the vatsim their ratting is APP/DEP(S3) but he is a students as  CTR (solo ) so is that they can transfer to ctr as poscon network ? because some vacc or artcc a lack of enough instructor

• Network Directors
31 minutes ago, NerissaT00 said:

as we know some vatsim or ivao training time are extremely long if they already at some position are student (solo) is that able for him to upgrade to the poscon 

for example at the vatsim their ratting is APP/DEP(S3) but he is a students as  CTR (solo ) so is that they can transfer to ctr as poscon network ? because some vacc or artcc a lack of enough instructor

Only full ratings will transfer, no solo ratings.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Developers

How about isolated POSCON sessions for training / exam? or global + private: i.e. private session share everything from the global session + trainees and trainers, but invisible/inaudible to the global session

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure I understand the 'secrecy' about how Pilot's will be evaluated.

I know for me if I have to do ANYTHING other than sign up and start flying, I'm probably going to pass on this network initially.  Especially since I have already accumulated thousands of hours on other networks.  

Totally get the repercussions on mistakes, but I'd be interested to know how due process will work in those situations or will it be some "supervisor" who gets a power trip and can make arbitrary and not necessarily correct judgements?

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:12 AM, Andrew said:
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:12 AM, Andrew said:

I actually rather not reveal our master plan to how this will work, but pilot training has been well thought out and planned.

A couple of things that I will reveal:

• There will be an entrance "evaluation".
  • There will be a way that pilots are held accountable for blatant mistakes.
  • There will be a "ranking" system.

I want to keep this part of the project a little bit vague because it will separate us from other networks. It is extremely hard not to tell all the details because I am super excited about it. 

Hi AJ

I made VATSIM Korea Division with some people in 2001 and operated for a long time for a Director.

What you need to know precisely and clearly is where everything, like VATSIM or IVAO, should be run for free and not for profit.

I know that it will proceed in the future, but it is not good enough to leave only ambiguous answers about it.

However, there is a definite answer that will be helpful to those who prepare each Division for something.

Even if I was a VATSIM, IVAO, or even a paying service to PilotEdge is not perfect when I have experience.

So let me tell you that your personal idea is that your team has a definite beta date and that it will be officially released in the next  years.

What is certain is that you did not start to make everybody with this?

Remember. This is not part of developing any game for the commercial purpose.

P.S Since you are a real pilot, it's probably hard to care much about this project and I am very grateful to you, but I would like to discuss more details in the future and start the Beta schedule as soon as possible or how the each Divisions will do?
Currently, Korea Division of POSCON, 42 people are excluding me and you and others one.
But I can not add any realistic information to them.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Edited by hunijjang

24 minutes ago, hunijjang said:

264 of Content Count : Managing Partner & CEO
30 of Content Count : Managing Partner
2 of Content Count : Director of Network Technology & CTO
1 of Content Count : Director of Quality Assurance & COO
5 of Content Count : Chief Legal Officer
2 of Content Count : Director of Network Training

It's Currently, POSCON Leadership, I will by pass to POSCON DEV Team at this.

POSCON QA Team
2 of Content Count : ATC QA Board Member.
Other one? Domino? It's 0 Content Count.

Also Please What I really want to say is never to work alone, AJ
If actively work, for example, at least get a person who can respond quickly so that they can not be commented or something like them.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Edited by hunijjang

• Network Directors
18 hours ago, Jeff Thomas said:

I know for me if I have to do ANYTHING other than sign up and start flying, I'm probably going to pass on this network initially.  Especially since I have already accumulated thousands of hours on other networks. 

Looks like you are gonna have to find something better then because everyone will be taking a pilot evaluation prior to connecting. This evaluation is a short quiz to assess your knowledge. If you have thousands of hours on other networks, then you should have absolutely no problems with the eval and there will be no additional work required prior to connecting. However, there are many people that have thousands of hours on other networks and still lack basic knowledge. For those individuals, we will require and provide additional training prior to connecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Network Directors
9 hours ago, Jeff Thomas said:

Totally get the repercussions on mistakes, but I'd be interested to know how due process will work in those situations or will it be some "supervisor" who gets a power trip and can make arbitrary and not necessarily correct judgements?

Supervisors will not fill the role they did on previous networks; they will not be policemen. Our servers will take care of most, if not all of the policy violations. We have a new role for the supervisors... that of educating pilots and ATC about their mistakes. I will describe more about this role at a later date.

• Like 2

• Network Directors
6 hours ago, hunijjang said:

Also Please What I really want to say is never to work alone, AJ
If actively work, for example, at least get a person who can respond quickly so that they can not be commented or something like them.

Best Regards,

Younghoon

Younghoon,

They do not respond because they are busy working on the projects we have tasked them to do. Their lack of communication is not a bad thing, I can assure you of that.

• Like 1

• Network Directors
7 hours ago, hunijjang said:

I know that it will proceed in the future, but it is not good enough to leave only ambiguous answers about it.

Why not? I like surprises, don't you? ?

However, there is a definite answer that will be helpful to those who prepare each Division for something.

We are not preparing divisions yet, so this does not matter yet.

P.S Since you are a real pilot, it's probably hard to care much about this project and I am very grateful to you, but I would like to discuss more details in the future and start the Beta schedule as soon as possible or how the each Divisions will do?

Alright, alright. Since you are very persistent, I will give you some beta information. Here is the tentative schedule:

- From now until mid-September: Alpha
- From mid-September until the end of December: Closed Beta
- From January 2019 until to a time yet to be determined: Open Beta

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Why not? I like surprises, don't you? ?

We are not preparing divisions yet, so this does not matter yet.

Alright, alright. Since you are very persistent, I will give you some beta information. Here is the tentative schedule:

- From now until mid-September: Alpha
- From mid-September until the end of December: Closed Beta
- From January 2019 until to a time yet to be determined: Open Beta

Hi AJ

Thanks a lot you're great answers.

Okay, Ignore the first one.

Anyway, so If someone wants to create a Division of POSCON, can there're send SOP and Sector files (Euroscope compatible files) by the end of December this year to you?

Thanks again

Best Regards,

Younghoon

• 3 months later...