Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Is there room for virtual bush-pilots on PosCon?

Sandy

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that the virtual shuffling of big iron with lots of squishy freight from one continent to another is likely to be the focus here. I get it. I may even participate in those endeavors to a small degree (I do own the Dash-8 Q400, which is the biggest aircraft in my virtual fleet.) 

I am part of an apparently small, eclectic corner of the market that gets a big charge out of flying into and out of the smallest of places, with the smallest of aircraft. Sometimes my passenger list has one name on it, destination "fishing hole at Sundown Creek"; aircraft type: Piper Super Cub. It's a beautiful way to fly and still earn something. And I hope ADX and PosCon has room for the bush pilots of all continents. Sometimes you want some flying that is challenging on an entirely different level. 

Looking forward to what the community here has to say. 

• Like 3

I hope I'm correct in assuming POSCON will allow the same freedoms in this regard (fly whatever, wherever, whenever) as all networks before it. In that circumstance, I'm with you here, and I'll be spending plenty of time trucking my C206 around to places that may-or-may-not have an airport code!

Edited by makyoch
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Network Directors

Jeez, sorry guys, I literally just saw these posts! 

@Sandy Yes, of course there is room for no transponder GA bush pilots! In fact, we are designing the radar systems so that you will appear as a primary target like you would in the real world.

Our server update rate will be fast and smooth enough to support having a little group flight of cubs to the local fishing camp.

Look, if you want guarantees... I can 100% guarantee I have your back because I prefer to fly helicopters online! :biggrin: 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Network Directors
58 minutes ago, Andrew Cofone said:

Wow.   Now here’s the million dollar question will the Unicom channel reception be location based?  Like in the real world two airports across the country may share the same freq but only nearby aircraft can hear them. 

Yes

• Developers
20 hours ago, Andrew Cofone said:

Wow.   Now here’s the million dollar question will the Unicom channel reception be location based?  Like in the real world two airports across the country may share the same freq but only nearby aircraft can hear them. 

Unicom, as well as all frequencies, will propagate over the air according to real world physics, obstructed by terrain.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...