Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

FSExpo 2019 Announcement - Roadmap to Release

• Network Directors

After a lot of thought and consideration, we have decided to add a throttled release plan to our roadmap which we are calling the "Invite-Only Beta" phase. This means that initially, POSCON will only be available to those individuals that have been given an invite code. This new managed plan allows us the flexibility to continue developing features while also rapidly responding to support issues.

Roadmap to Release

All times are subject to change!

Release Phase
Tester Description
Operating Times
ATC Coverage
Number of Users
NDA Required
Timeline
Closed Beta Testers are hand-picked by POSCON staff. 24/7 N/A 58 + Staff YES Currently Ongoing
Invite-Only Beta Phase 1

Pilots: Require an invite code in order to participate.

ATC: Hand-picked by POSCON staff.

Schedule Limited Limited to areas selected by POSCON staff. 500-1000 NO

Guaranteed by Q4 2019.

Earlier release date is likely.

Invite-Only Beta Phase 2

Pilots: Require an invite code in order to participate.

ATC: Hand-picked by POSCON staff.

Schedule Limited Limited to areas selected by POSCON staff. 1000-2000 NO

Guaranteed by end of Q1 2020.

Earlier release date is likely.

Open Beta

Pilots: Open

ATC: Hand-picked by Division staff.

24/7 Limited to areas fully developed. Unlimited NO

Guaranteed by Q2 2020.

Release Everything open. 24/7 World Unlimited NO Approximately 1 year after Invite-Only Phase 1 release.

Beta Details

Who can participate?

Users must possess a valid invite code in order to activate their account and become part of the beta. The following restrictions apply:

• Users must be at least 16 years of age or older. Users 13-15 years of age can participate only if POSCON has received hand-written parental consent.
  • Users on any restricted or watch lists are prohibited from participating.

How can you get an invite code?

• Initially, these codes will be distributed by our testing team and staff.
  • We will also pick 50 people that stop by the FSExpo 2019 booth, and have registered for POSCON, to be part of the first Invite-Only beta. Winners will be emailed after FSExpo and receive a code when we release the first Invite-Only beta phase.
  • Later, each person who is a member of the Invite-Beta will have an opportunity to invite their friends to the server.

Will the Beta be open all the time, or will there be specific operating times?

• The POSCON Invite-Only Beta will not be open to the public 24 hours / 7 days a week; it will instead be open during specific operating times to ensure ATC and Moderator coverage as well as allow us to deploy changes without affecting user experience.
  • As we become more comfortable with our progress and staffing, we will relax the schedule to include more operating times.

Are the operating times fixed?

• No, the schedule will vary. On the 25th day of each month, POSCON will post an updated schedule to the public for the next month's operating times and featured ATC region.

Will the Beta be "open world" or feature specific areas?

• It will be open world, but each month we will be focusing on a specific region in regards to ATC coverage. This does not mean that ATC will be restricted to controlling in the featured region of the month, it just means that we will ensure coverage in that region during the posted times.

I want to be an ATC, can I sign up?

• No, ATC are hand-picked for all open beta phases.

When will ATC open up to the public?

• ATC will open to the public when POSCON officially releases in 2020.

Will ATC ratings transfer from legacy networks?

• Yes, a user's global rating will transfer from legacy networks for a period of 6 months after the official release of POSCON in 2020.
  • Local certifications will be left up to the divisions and sub-divisions to decide whether they transfer or not.

When will the Division Staff be selected and how will that work?

• POSCON will begin selecting Division staff the first few weeks after the Invite-Only beta release.
  • Division staff will initially be appointed by POSCON staff, but later we plan to introduce a way for members to get involved in the selection process.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah definitely good news!

Glad to hear that POSCON is on track and that the BETA Team is being extended. ?

4 hours ago, Andrew Heath said:

When will the Division Staff be selected and how will that work?

• POSCON will begin selecting Division staff the first few weeks after the Invite-Only beta release.
  • Division staff will initially be appointed by POSCON staff, but later we plan to introduce a way for members to get involved in the selection process.

I very much like your plan for the Division Staff, especially that you´re looking for way to get members involved ?

Sadly I can´t pay a visit to the FS Expo but I wish you guys a great weekend!

5 hours ago, Andrew Heath said:

직원은 처음에 포스콘 직원 이 임

Oh, very good news.
I'm sad can't go to FSExpo.
I can't go to FSExpo and get an invitation code, so how can I get an invitation code?
Will there be an online invitation code application for the forum after FSExpo?
Also, are there conditions to be a Division staff?
I have a history of staff and ATC instructors in other organizations to date.
Will this career help you?
Please answer these questions.
Thank you

This, guys, isn't a good news. IT'S AN AMAZING NEWS!!!

Just a question anyway, because I haven't found any info about this before on forum: are available one or more pilot clients for P3D V3 and Xplane 10? I use those simulators for the moment and probably those simulators will be the same when POSCON will join Open Beta phase.

Thanks in advance, and I hope to see some photos and videos from FSEXPO POSCON stand on your Youtube channel and Facebook

Edited by Andrea Mazzoni
Missing some informations

2 hours ago, Andrew Heath said:

@emas

Yes, if you are a member of POSCON you can receive an invite code from any of our staff or testers (if they choose to give one to you).

If you are at FSExpo and sign the attendance sheet, your name may be picked at random to be in the first phase.

Thanks for the quick reply! Will definetly be on the lookout for one of those invites ?

• Like 1

To bad I could not make FSEXPO this year. Was at the one in Vegas and saw the great demo you had at the booth.

I would love to get in on beta testing when you need beta testers.

I have been beta tester on a couple sim softwares and am a very heavy use sim pilot averaging 100+ hours a month minimum

Cant wait for this to be released

Marcello

• Like 1

• Network Directors
5 hours ago, Andrea Mazzoni said:

This, guys, isn't a good news. IT'S AN AMAZING NEWS!!!

Just a question anyway, because I haven't found any info about this before on forum: are available one or more pilot clients for P3D V3 and Xplane 10? I use those simulators for the moment and probably those simulators will be the same when POSCON will join Open Beta phase.

Thanks in advance, and I hope to see some photos and videos from FSEXPO POSCON stand on your Youtube channel and Facebook

We currently have clients for the XP-series and SimConnect clients (P3D, FSX).

5 hours ago, EmreTHY said:

What do we have to do for the invitation?

Per AJ's post, you can either sign up at the Expo, and 50 will be chosen at random, or a staff member can invite you to join the beta.

• Network Directors
On 6/7/2019 at 4:30 PM, HyeonSeok Lee said:
I can't go to FSExpo and get an invitation code, so how can I get an invitation code?

Codes are given to our testers to invite their friends and then later, those users can invite their friends. Its an attempt to get groups of people actively flying on the server.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...