Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Inputted assigned transponder code, but flight plan does not show as activated?

Fred (1020763)

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the new X-Plane 11 Pilot Client on my computer, and went through the normal login procedure in which I was assigned a transponder code. However, after I put it into the transponder on the aircraft (ToLiss A321 Neo) and depart, the live map shows that I'm in flight, and the correct aircraft code, but where the flight plan should be, is blank and when I look at my filed flight plans, it will show that the flight plan that I'm currently flying has not been activated.

I currently have the transponder in TA/RA, as when I put it into XPNDR only, it will show TCAS Standby on the ND, and the power switch is in the "ON" position, instead of "AUTO". Has anyone experienced the same issue?

On 2/22/2021 at 1:57 AM, Chris E said:

It's normal behavior that if you have it set to stby it still still show TCAS STBY.

So you received a squawk through the pilot UI in the browser, departed as normal at the time you have entered your EOBT and it still didnt show your route on the live map?

Yup, that's exactly what happened. It seems that the TCAS is only active in TA/RA mode, as when it is in the XPNDR mode, it will still show TCAS STBY.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having this same issue for the last several flights.   I have my flight plan filled out by Simtoolkitpro and I change the time so that is at the time and hit submit and I get a plight plan pending activation.  I contact ATC and out in the code KUSA and my flight number FFT1136 and get my squawk code.  Enter in my squawk code and turn it to ta/ra for take off and take off, usually a little past the time on my flight plan.  I finish the flight and the flight plan is still pending activation.   What am I doing wrong,again?

7 hours ago, Scott Fisher (1016811) said:

I have been having this same issue for the last several flights.   I have my flight plan filled out by Simtoolkitpro and I change the time so that is at the time and hit submit and I get a plight plan pending activation.  I contact ATC and out in the code KUSA and my flight number FFT1136 and get my squawk code.  Enter in my squawk code and turn it to ta/ra for take off and take off, usually a little past the time on my flight plan.  I finish the flight and the flight plan is still pending activation.   What am I doing wrong,again?

Could be an issue with STKP, make sure you are setting your departure time within around 20 minutes of what you are actually planning on, that is my rule of thumb and I have never had an issue with it. If you do it too soon, it might not take it and think it is too late to activate,  id suggest just updating the time on the actual poscon website, and personally I do everything on the website and it works like a charm, try doing one entirely on the website, then proceed with trying to activate it again. That should work, if it does not, I suggest potentially reinstalling poscon, and making sure you are on the latest version. (current: beta v8)

Please reply here, or add me on discord: andreww#3207

Id love to help you in any way I can,

Andrew

On 2/21/2021 at 1:01 AM, Fred (1020763) said:

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the new X-Plane 11 Pilot Client on my computer, and went through the normal login procedure in which I was assigned a transponder code. However, after I put it into the transponder on the aircraft (ToLiss A321 Neo) and depart, the live map shows that I'm in flight, and the correct aircraft code, but where the flight plan should be, is blank and when I look at my filed flight plans, it will show that the flight plan that I'm currently flying has not been activated.

I currently have the transponder in TA/RA, as when I put it into XPNDR only, it will show TCAS Standby on the ND, and the power switch is in the "ON" position, instead of "AUTO". Has anyone experienced the same issue?

17 hours ago, Scott Fisher (1016811) said:

Hello guys, I have performed yesterday a flight on POSCON with a new users which I had introduced to the network, and we had found this issue. We had perform a flight in LIRZ without ATC coverage and we saw that on map our flight plans wasn't correlated. When online, go on https://hq.poscon.net/pilots/client  visible on first photo, insert your callsign inside over the trasponder mode selector (standby-mode C), and then, go on ATC section, insert there the callsign, the departure fir (except United States, in that case use KUSA) and click to send. You will receive the squawk code in few seconds. Be sure that the squawk code number on the sim is the same which appear on web UI  If an ATC is online, you will recive the trasponder from the ATC. I will cover this evening Milano Radar, so if you would perform a flight there, you're welcome. Hope that can solve the problem. For us, it has worked (I use P3D and my friend has flew with XP11)

10 hours ago, Andrew (1017363) said:

Could be an issue with STKP, make sure you are setting your departure time within around 20 minutes of what you are actually planning on, that is my rule of thumb and I have never had an issue with it. If you do it too soon, it might not take it and think it is too late to activate,  id suggest just updating the time on the actual poscon website, and personally I do everything on the website and it works like a charm, try doing one entirely on the website, then proceed with trying to activate it again. That should work, if it does not, I suggest potentially reinstalling poscon, and making sure you are on the latest version. (current: beta v8)

Andrew

We had send our flight plans just few minutes before start our flights and already connected to the network, so if you send the flight plan only when already online or few days before the flight, this is irrelevant. 

nota1.PNG

nota2.PNG

nota3.PNG

9 hours ago, Andrea M. (1015884) said:

Hello guys, I have performed yesterday a flight on POSCON with a new users which I had introduced to the network, and we had found this issue. We had perform a flight in LIRZ without ATC coverage and we saw that on map our flight plans wasn't correlated. When online, go on https://hq.poscon.net/pilots/client  visible on first photo, insert your callsign inside over the trasponder mode selector (standby-mode C), and then, go on ATC section, insert there the callsign, the departure fir (except United States, in that case use KUSA) and click to send. You will receive the squawk code in few seconds. Be sure that the squawk code number on the sim is the same which appear on web UI  If an ATC is online, you will recive the trasponder from the ATC. I will cover this evening Milano Radar, so if you would perform a flight there, you're welcome. Hope that can solve the problem. For us, it has worked (I use P3D and my friend has flew with XP11)

We had send our flight plans just few minutes before start our flights and already connected to the network, so if you send the flight plan only when already online or few days before the flight, this is irrelevant. 

nota1.PNG

nota2.PNG

nota3.PNG

Alrighty, did you get everything figured out because from the looks of it everything looks good.

Thanks, 

Andrew

On 3/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, Andrew (1017363) said:

Andrew

I do set my departure time to 15-20 minute for departure, and I am usually off the ground by that time. I have my checklist for every plane timed out to how long it will take me.  I am then getting my squawk code and click mode c.  I am then taking off.   I can do a whole flight with it NOT activating my flight plan at all.   I have been having this issue from day one when I finally figure out how to fill out the flight plan correctly, thanks to your help on discord.  However, I have done numerous flight and maybe only one was with an activated flight plan.  Yesterday I i reached out on discord and one of the ATC guys said that he could see me and could read my flight plan and had no idea why it was not activating.  This is one of the many reasons I am not a fan of POSCON, but I want more realistic ATC and I am not giving up, yet.  

I did uninstall and reinstall after you posted about the new CPDLC thing. and mine shows I am on v8 but I do not get the same things you showed in the youtube video.