Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Recruiting Volunteer Pilots for FSExpo 2018

• Network Directors

These requirements are ONLY for the FSExpo event and should not be indicative of the requirements that will be necessary to participate in the Open Beta or the Final Release version of the POSCON Network.

The time has come to recruit remote pilots to participate in POSCON's FSExpo demo! We are seeking around 20-30 volunteer pilots to provide constant traffic on our FlightNet server for the duration of the FSExpo event! For the conference, we are only planning on staffing New York Center and possibly a few surrounding ARTCCs, so those who are interested must be very familiar with New York procedures. Those who are recruited to participate in POSCON's demo will be given access to the Pilot Client software and a means by which to connect to our state-of-the-art server. 

The following requirements MUST be met in order to be considered for this event:

1. You must be available and able to fly for at least 50% of the event duration. The event times are as follows:
    • Saturday, June 9th, 2018 - 8 AM to 7 PM Pacific Time
    • Sunday, June 10th, 2018 - 9 AM to 3 PM Pacific Time
  2. You must be extremely familiar with FAA procedures, specifically flying in the New York area. Newbies pilots are NOT allowed to participate, sorry.
  3. You must be English proficient.
  4. You should (not must) have a kick ass flight sim machine because of the FPS over NYC. The following are preferred baselines:
    • GTX 1070 (or equivalent) or better
    • i5 7600K (or equivalent) or better
  5. You must use a real world weather engine, specifically for winds aloft.
  6. If you fly an airliner on the server (which is not required by the way), it must be a payware add-on or an add-on that has a fully functional FMC. Unless of course you decide to go old school with a B727 or something!
  7. Navigation data must be up-to-date.
  8. You must, at all times, use real world charts.
  9. If required (it probably won't be), you must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement since we are still very much in an Alpha state.

Please indicate your interest by responding to this thread with:

1. Your availability for the event.
  2. Your computer specs, including simulator type.
  3. The general region of the world you reside in (to gauge possible latency issues).
  4. The different add-on aircraft you plan to fly during the event.
  5. PM me the response to the following question:
    • If you were cleared via the LaGuardia 5 Departure, Whitestone Climb out of KLGA, when can you accelerate above 210 knots?

These requirements are ONLY for the FSExpo event and should not be indicative of the requirements that will be necessary to participate in the Open Beta or the Final Release version of the POSCON Network.

1. I am available both days during the times given. 

2. I7 7700k @4.6, gtx 1080, 16 gb ram. P3D v4.2

3. Atlanta 

4. PMDG 737, FSLabs a320, TFDI 717. Perhaps the A2A 172/182 for a little vfr skyline route sight seeing. 

5. Sent

• Thanks 1

Intro: I consider myself extensively familiar with FAA procedures. I am currently a member of VATUSA ZNY ARTCC with a center level certification, so my knowledge of the NY area is quite extensive. I Consider my computer to handle the NY area with max settings, and all appropriate addon’s.  I normally fly GA aircraft with a real-world navigation tool synced with my sim to provide current charts, navigation information etc.  I also hold a Canadian Private pilots License which aids in my knowledge to effectively simulate realism.

Question 1:

Available:           

June 9th 8:00am – 7:00pm PST                   

June 10th 9:00am – 3:00pm PST

Question 2:

Computer specs:  AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (I5 7600 equiv) | 16.0 GB Ram | Geforce GTX 960 (2gb video memory) | 1 x Samsung S24D300 LeD Monitor, 2 x Samsung Sa300 LeD monitor

Sim: P3D V4.1

Hardware: yokes, throttles, rudder pedals, iPad (FLtPlan Go App synced with P3D for navigation/Flight planning/Weather updates)

Sim addons: Active Sky X, Rex Skyforce, NY scenery, N90 + PHL airports

Question 3:

East coast Canada (GMT -3:30)

Question 4:

Cessna 404 | Cessna 180T Skylane | Piper J-3 Cub | A36 Bonanza | TBM 850 |

• Thanks 1

I'm available approx. 50%+ of the event due to time zones. I reside in Tasmania, Australia. 

Machine is FX 8320 @ 4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB OC, X-Plane 11.20 (for this reason, frame rates over NYC are not an issue)

Aircraft I would fly would be a selection from the Flight Factor A320, 757, 767, Zibo 737-800, 737 Ultimate (-900), IXEG 737 Classic, FJS Q400 and LES Saab 340 as far as the airliners go. I also have a number of bizjets available to use, and a large number of prop GA. 

I'll send you a PM response regarding your question shortly. 

• Thanks 1

I'm available approx. 50%+ of the event due to time zones , I ALSO AN Denver ARTCC VISITOR CONTROLLER PREVIOUS HCF ARTCC HOME CONTROLLER 

2.  i7 7700, GTX 1080TI,  16GB DDR4 3200MHZ SSD  FSE:FSX (*EXPECT) //P3D V4

Hardware: yokes, throttles rudder pedals(SATIEK) , SURFACE PRO  (FLIGHT PLAN ETC) // TWO SCREEN ) //1000M (Fibre-Optic Broadband)

3. HONG KONG (GMT+8)

4 .B777 ,B787,B747

5. PM Sent.

Edited by benson wong
  • Thanks 1

• Network Directors

I am available for more than the 70% of the all event 

2. GTX 1070 AMD R1600X 16 GB 3000MHZ SSD M. 2//P3D V4 

3. ITALY UTC +2

4. B777, B747. B747. A320(FSLABS),B 757 

5.AIRAC CYCLE update always updated

6. Pm sent

• Thanks 1

1. Potentially most of Sunday (I actually work for a flight-sim company, so I'm unsure if I am needed on the Saturday)

2. i7-4790k oc @ 4.3ghz | 16gb Ram | Gtx 1070 8gb vram | X-Plane 11 (Some lag still experienced around the NY error, but average mostly between 21-35 fps)

3. UK

4. Flightfactor A320, Zibo 737, Flightfactor 757

(Airac is currently 2 months out-of-date...but hopefully not varied enough to impede operations)

• Thanks 1

my response:

1. Your availability for the event: All day Sunday, Saturday till noon EST
  2. Your computer specs, including simulator type: P3D v4, AMD FX-8370 eight core at 4.3Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 GPU, all PMDG fleet installed. (would use 738 for demo)
  3. The general region of the world you reside in (to gauge possible latency issues): Upstate NY, Capital District near KALB
  4. The different add-on aircraft you plan to fly during the event.: PMDG 738
  5. PM me the response to the following question: (answer to follow.)
  • Thanks 1

1. I'll be available 70% during the event, in both days. At night I'm busy.

2.  i7 4790K, GTX 770 2GB, 16GB RAM, X-Plane 11

3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

4. 733 IXEG, MD80 Rotatesim, 757/767/777 FlightFactor, CL30 DDenn, 738 ZIbo and BE9L Carenado

5. PM Sent

1. still don't know is that i have time  ,but when is the time to end this Recruiting?  i can confirm by this week (dute job)

2.i9 7900x , GTX1080TI SLI, 64GB DDR4 - P3DV4.2 // FSX 

3.from china Beijing

4.PMDG MD11/777 FSLAB Concorde-X

UP TO DATE Navigraph  AIRAC 1806

5.I WILL PM THE ANS WHEN I CONFIRM THE TIME 

Edited by caopeng