Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Recruiting Divisions

Andrew Heath

• Network Directors
4 hours ago, Peter Nicholson said:

Alaska

We have almost 200 pilots on our Virtual Airline roster. Alaskair Virtual

We have many guys that are interested in ATC coverage in Alaska. 

Oh trust me, Alaska is definitely a focal point for us as well. It does fall under the USA, so it will be covered.

We are going to set up some information about VAs in the coming weeks, stay tuned for that.

• Network Directors
52 minutes ago, Capt_Curt said:

Caribbean

Miami ARTCC is covered by the USA Division and that also includes Miami Oceanic FIR.

San Juan FIR is also covered by the USA Division.

That leaves Piarco, Curacao, Santo Domingo, Port AU Prince, Havana, Kingston, and Nassau.

I am not sure if we want to put all those under one division or separate. We are open to discuss advantages both ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Miami ARTCC is covered by the USA Division and that also includes Miami Oceanic FIR.

San Juan FIR is also covered by the USA Division.

That leaves Piarco, Curacao, Santo Domingo, Port AU Prince, Havana, Kingston, and Nassau.

I'm not sure on how you're planning on structuring Nassau, but it is significantly different in the real world than on VATSIM. The Nassau FIR on VATSIM (SFC-600) is covered by the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Ocean Areas

The Miami ARTCC actually does extend all the way to San Juan. I'm not sure why it was separated on VATSIM into Centers. "Miami Oceanic" is just another area of Miami Center. 

I would recommend putting Piarco, Curacao, Santo Domingo, Port Au Prince, Havana, Kingston, and Nassau together, leaving San Juan as part of the US division. 

Edited by Josh G

• 2 weeks later...