Submitting Feedback is never required but is highly encouraged because it helps in the learning and development process of the POSCON membership.
Here are some example scenarios when submitting Feedback may be warranted:
- If you feel a pilot or air traffic controller lacks knowledge critical to their position or rank.
- If a pilot or air traffic controller is transmitting non-critical information on a frequency that is designated for air traffic services only.
- If you feel that an air traffic controller is overwhelmed and loses positive control of a situation.
- If a controller or pilot is not communicating properly or is not following specified procedures.
- And most importantly, don’t forget to leave positive feedback when someone did a good job!
All Feedback is automatically de-identified prior to the Receiver seeing the result. Moderators are responsible for ensuring that they do not use language that may reveal the identity of the Submitter to the Receiver.
The following submission rules apply:
- Users may only submit Feedback about a Member who they directly interacted with while connected to POSCON in the Live mode. In other words, users may not submit Feedback as a 3rd party to a situation or on behalf of someone else.
- Feedback must be submitted within 24 hours of an incident or it is automatically discarded.
- Only four Feedbacks may be submitted by the same user in a 24 hour period and they must all be related to different users.
- At all times, Feedback submissions should remain constructive even when the Feedback you are submitting is negative about another user. The primary goal of the Feedback system is to re-enforce learning. If the Feedback is deemed vindictive or overly negative by the Moderator, the Feedback will be discarded.
- Feedback must be warranted. If the Moderator deems the Feedback is lacking substance, the Feedback will be discarded.
- Trolling of another member using the Feedback system is strictly prohibited. We take Feedback very seriously and any abuse of the system will result in a permanent ban.
(Not currently implemented)
If three highly-rated POSCON users (above TBD points) submit negative feedback ("Poor" or "Terrible" rating) about a user within a 24 hour period about a user, then the user is automatically suspended for 24 hours without any Moderator judgment necessary.
In general, all Moderator judgements are final. If warranted, the Receiver does have the option to invoke the Appeals Process to challenge the decision (see below for more details).
The following judgement rules apply:
- Once Feedback is submitted, Moderators have control over the content passed onto the Receiver. Moderators may, at their discretion, modify the submitted Feedback summary in order to turn the situation into a learning experience for the Receiver.
- Moderators have control to change a submitted Feedback rating. If they deem the Submitter was at fault for a particular situation, they may, at their discretion, deduct points from the Submitter as a result of the Feedback submission.
- Moderators may assign training as a result of submitted Feedback; in this case, that training is mandatory prior to connecting to the Live server again and no points will be received from taking it.
All received Feedback can be appealed by a user by emailing [email protected]. If appealed, the Feedback is elevated to the POSCON Director of Support for disposition.
Please note, if the Director of Support deems that the appeal is unjustified for any reason, points may be deducted from the appealing user in order to discourage abuse of the Appeals Process in the futre.