Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Controller Client Updates

Andrew Heath

• Network Directors
Just now, Brad said:

Looks pretty interesting! Are you able to share any details on what the controller client will be for TWR/APP?

It will be a multi-purpose client. Similar to Ross Carlson's VRC, but with the complexity of vERAM and vSTARS. In other words, you will be able to work top-down efficiently while also retaining many of the realism features of the other clients.

• Network Directors
23 hours ago, reubenjprevost said:

Well, let me just say that I am excited for this community. While I regret not having the time to be a part of the dev community, I am looking forward to the future of flightsim with the POSCON network.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Reuben!

• 1 month later...
  • Network Directors
1 hour ago, aeroniemi said:

What's the case going to be with places like Europe, where ATC screens look nothing like those in the US?

Our ATC client developer is responsible for the EuroScope client on VATSIM, which means the European user interface is essentially already completed.

Just take a look at the images by clicking here and you will get an idea of the power of this radar client.

Our main focus now is to ensure a US-based client is properly simulated as well.

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

Our ATC client developer is responsible for the EuroScope client on VATSIM, which means the European user interface is essentially already completed.

Just take a look at the images by clicking here and you will get an idea of the power of this radar client.

Our main focus now is to ensure a US-based client is properly simulated as well.

So sectorfiles layout for creating them will be the same format? 

• Network Directors
7 hours ago, BTwissle said:

I'm excited to be able to actually hear controllers and other traffic with a decent codec. Will you have the same levels of ATC training however that VATSIM does? When does the beta come out as well. Looks good though

Hi,

Yes, our ATC training will be similar to VATSIM, except more standardization across the board.

We are aiming for a June 2018 beta. If you are registered member of this site, you will be offered to become a beta tester. Make sure to share with your friends so they don't miss out!

• 2 weeks later...

Will the ERAM side of things include some of the data processing functions that are available in the real system (such as recognizing waypoints on routes) so I could AM 468 RTE ./.BIGGO for an aircraft filed BLZZR..BAF.Q480... or BLZZR..BAF.HYPER7 and it will recognize that BIGGO is on the HYPER STAR or Q480 and automatically insert this correctly? This will also improve QU functionality.

As far as STARS is concerned, will this also be a full simulation with CRDA, fusion, MSAW, autotrack, automatic scratchpad entries, etc?

• Network Directors
2 hours ago, Krikor Hajian said:

Will the ERAM side of things include some of the data processing functions that are available in the real system (such as recognizing waypoints on routes) so I could AM 468 RTE ./.BIGGO for an aircraft filed BLZZR..BAF.Q480... or BLZZR..BAF.HYPER7 and it will recognize that BIGGO is on the HYPER STAR or Q480 and automatically insert this correctly? This will also improve QU functionality.

As far as STARS is concerned, will this also be a full simulation with CRDA, fusion, MSAW, autotrack, automatic scratchpad entries, etc?

Route interpolation and recognition is very important and we are making sure the client can properly simulate this as you described.

Yes, eventually all the STARS functions you described will be simulated, I am not sure all will be available on initial release though.

• Network Directors
7 minutes ago, Josh G said:

All looks very cool. Will the new client support different radar modes so you can have one display running ERAM, one running STARS, and two running ASDE-X?

Are landlines going to be implemented into the clients? 

Yes, one client, multiple modes.

Voice is actually going to be a completely different client. This will allow ATC to move around a room (such as a live event)... perhaps with a mobile device?!? :-D

• 2 weeks later...