Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome! Let’s become friends

Nico

On behalf of the ADX team I want to welcome you to what I’m confident will become a great resource; the new ADX Forum. 

I encourage every registered user to share some basic information about yourself so we can all get to know each other and collaborate with each other  

I suggest a great place to start would be your first name, the 4-letter code of your closest international airport, and some fun facts about your simming experience (such as favorite scenery, favorite flight, preferred aircraft, etc)  

Let me start!

Nico

KLGA

I love the visual into rw 15 at Paro (VQPR), expressway visual rw 31 Into KLGA. 

I fly a full motion 737-800 simulator. And I love every minute of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nico,

I'm Joe. I grew up blocks away from KLGA, but now I'm near KCLT.  Although I dabbled in flight sims 10 years ago, I've mainly been an auto racing sim guy for the past 20 years. So I don't really have a favorite flight sim experience.  Unless you count landing on an aircraft carrier in Jane's F/A-18 years ago!  That was a blast.  Wish I could get set up to do that again!  Now I stick mostly to the JARDesigns A320 or the Zibo 737-800 in X-Plane 11.  That full motion thing of yours must be pretty awesome!

Hello!

I am Ross. Some may know me from the old site and also as 1 of D'Andre's moderators on his Twitch Stream page. I flew my first simulator in 1985 on an IBM with an amber screen. I was hooked. I am still not great at it. I mean I can fly and land but I am not as accomplished as a lot of you probably who fly PMDG's and use VATSIM.

I am 60 years old, Single (thank god!), and a retired veteran. I will be soon moving to Florida to share a house with a friend where the loft will be turned in to a gaming area that will include flight and racing cockpits. I look forward to interacting with you all!    :)

Ross

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

AJ

KPHL

My favorite FS experience is to fly online in a group flight with @Nico, but instead of flying a commercial airliner, fly fast jets when all he can fly is a clunky 737. It annoys him a lot ROFL!

i don't like flying with you. Between you fighter jets and your helicopters I lose my mind!

Hi all!

You can call me Matt or Makyoch (I use the latter as my display name nearly everywhere). I'm from near NZCH and now stay near YPPH.
By ways of simming, I love travelling off the beaten track - so to speak. I suppose then it comes as no surprise that I spend most of my time in Africa. My favourite thing is really anything unconventional. Such as trucking my New Zealand-registered C206 around Africa, or bringing a Kenya Airways 737 down in to some Indian Ocean island where the ATC speaks French and has never seen a radar station in his life (fly in to FMCZ some day when ATC's online, you won't regret it!). I suppose I'm happiest when I'm under pressure controlling a TMA during some ridiculously busy event...

A ridiculously busy event is great, but ground is where it's at; so much more exciting than APP or enroute. I'm from SE England, I guess EGKK or EGLC is the nearest airport, but not by UK scale really - they're each 70+km away, but still the closest commercial fields. I generally fly some commercial plane to airports with RNAV/circling approaches; deliberately choosing the difficult option for the controllers (after all, that's what they're there for right?)

i am come from hong kong you can also call me benson  i am also work at VHHH . that was a great place ha i think . and also i am an student to study aviation and my company also provide me to study the (ATSEP). by the way nice to meet you all 

i am an 25 years old . 

Edited by benson wong

50 minutes ago, aeroniemi said:

A ridiculously busy event is great, but ground is where it's at; so much more exciting than APP or enroute. I'm from SE England, I guess EGKK or EGLC is the nearest airport, but not by UK scale really - they're each 70+km away, but still the closest commercial fields. I generally fly some commercial plane to airports with RNAV/circling approaches; deliberately choosing the difficult option for the controllers (after all, that's what they're there for right?)

Yeah I seewhere you're coming from. But I suppose what makes the TMA environment more appealing to me is that everything is always moving (through the air, not rolling down pavement), no matter what... unless the adjacent aerodrome & area controllers are being unduly kind!

Andrew 

KFRG

I fly primarily commercial jets on VATSIM and occasionally GA aircraft. I do not have a powerful computer at the moment, but I am able to run the payware aircraft which is all that matters. I have controlled on VATSIM with the New York ARTCC for the past four years. I am also a Private Pilot, currently studying for my instrument rating.

Hi all ... I'm another Ross ... real world I fly with CAP out of KBTV. In the virtual world I fly a B738 using Prosim avionics. My preference is to fly in busy events ... nothing I like more than flying a parallel approach with another aircraft just off my wing headed for the other runway. I also really enjoy events from the ATC side, especially tower ... lots of fun keeping those runways occupied.

Andrew #4 out of KDTW (Shez! Please I'm begging you! Hit the release button!)

I try to keep an open mind with flight simulators and give them all a try. I have X-Plane 11, Flight Sim World, DCS and P3D. I like what each one brings to the table and can pick what one to fly depending on my mood. With that said, P3Dv4 is my main simulator. I try to keep a broad range of add-ons such as general aviation, helicopters, commercial, as well as airports ranging from small grass strips to regional hubs to international airports. I have what one would say, a little bit of an addiction to buying add-ons. It's really hard to pick a favorite, but I'd say the PMDG 747.

It's a pleasure to meet you all, and to Ross G, thank you for your service.

Hi All

Neil, From Limerick, Ireland.  For me, VFR flying is the skill to master.  No auto pilot for me, just stick, rudder,  and a copy of a road atlas. I would favour Airfield information / radio controlling,  a lot of fun with a busy circuit / traffic pattern.

I mostly fly and control on VATSIM,  I will give this a try to see how it compares

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neil Ryans said:

Hi All

Neil, From Limerick, Ireland.  For me, VFR flying is the skill to master.  No auto pilot for me, just stick, rudder,  and a copy of a road atlas. I would favour Airfield information / radio controlling,  a lot of fun with a busy circuit / traffic pattern.

I mostly fly and control on VATSIM,  I will give this a try to see how it compares

+1 for AFISO/AGO, I'll be there!

Hello all,

Prithvi Shivaraman

I'm from Chantilly VA and fly out of Leesburg (KJYO). I enjoy flying commercial jets on VATSIM and participating in busy events. I pretty much fly everything from the DH8D to the B744 and from X-Plane 11 to P3D v4! Unlike @Andrew I don't annoy @Nico and enjoy doing group flights with him! In fact group flights are one of my favorite things about VATSIM! I also control at ZNY and like a lot of event level traffic. Additionally, I am a FAA Private Pilot IRL and training for my instrument! My goal is to become a professional airline pilot, and hopefully someday that will be a dream come true!

On 1/17/2018 at 9:11 AM, Ross said:

Hi all ... I'm another Ross ... real world I fly with CAP out of KBTV. In the virtual world I fly a B738 using Prosim avionics. My preference is to fly in busy events ... nothing I like more than flying a parallel approach with another aircraft just off my wing headed for the other runway. I also really enjoy events from the ATC side, especially tower ... lots of fun keeping those runways occupied.

Nice to meet you Ross!  Haha, I usually go by Ross G. so that should help us from getting confused.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Network Directors
15 hours ago, OzWookiee said:

Hey guys,

BeeJay or OzWookiee here from YMML. I mostly fly bush and regional stuff on FSEconomy for Landing (Badly) Airlines.  Looking forward to the PosCon Network as we want to organise a Super Cub Challenge in BC and a Canyon Run for our groups.

Oh my man! I love this idea!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone
I wish to greet all the companions who enjoy our common passion, virtual aviation.
I'm JOSE and my international airport is LEMD.
I've been on other networks, and although I love flying the B738 my best experience is giving service as ATC.
I am usually a Euroscope user, and I have a question to learn: Are the sectors of this program valid for the POSCON ATC program?

I know I have a lot to learn here but I trust to do it correctly.

Thanks and see you
JOSE

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

I'm Jason (Or Jay-Ryan around the Interwebs)

CYQM - Moncton Romeo Leblanc International Airport

Casual Simming began in 1987 w/MSFS v.3 - Learning a bit of different aspects of flight, but seldom mastering any LOL...  I'm currently fascinated by procedures and baffled at how I can almost always forget at least one step, even with checklists!

• Like 1