Join the POSCON Public Discord Server! ×

Welcome! Let’s become friends

Nico

Hello All,

My Name is Trevor Hale, I am the Owner of http://www.cockpitbuilders.com a flight sim community for those that want to build their own Flight Simulator.  Cockpitbuilders.com turns 10 Years old this August and prior to that I was a Director at www.Mycockpit.org .  I am an avid Flight Simulator Hobiest and have been a Vatsim Member since 2002.  I still use vatsim 3-4 days a week, and Pilot Edge just doesn't have coverage where I like to fly, not to mention the steep price tag.  

I have converted a Real Beechcraft 99B (N38AK) into a King Air 350i that I now Stream on Twitch with 3 nights a week.

Photos and pictures of the build can be found here: http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1541.0

My Twitch Videos can be found Here:  www.twitch.tv/cockpitbuilders

Great to be here and a part of this community.

Trev

sim.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Baran here, from Turkey, near LTBJ, Izmir.

I'm 31, and I'm into aviation since FS 2000 but focused mostly for the last 3 years. My favorite aircraft is 738. After using FSX & P3D for a long time, I've decided to convert into XP-11, which seems much more flexible and futuristic. I'm quite close to finishing my home cockpit and going to start flying again soon. I've flown over 500 Hours on IVAO with Turkish Airlines VA under callsign THY619, and I'm quite hopeful with POSCON and its features. I can share all the necessary information with the ones who are keen on building his/her own cockpit.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hello, i'm Nicola from Italy,

(almost) 47 ys old. i work as atc in the real life (twr) and i'm so passionate about my job that i continue doing it in my spare time as well.

I'm currently an IVAO member (since Vatsim is not that used here in italy) and I'm also a member of ivac2 data-prep team so i'm very curious about your atc client ? and i hope it could be as customizable as possibile in order to reproduce ( at least kind of) the look and the functionality of our real system (Selex cds2000).

Thanks

Nicola 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, Nicola Altafini said:

Hello, i'm Nicola from Italy,

(almost) 47 ys old. i work as atc in the real life (twr) and i'm so passionate about my job that i continue doing it in my spare time as well.

I'm currently an IVAO member (since Vatsim is not that used here in italy) and I'm also a member of ivac2 data-prep team so i'm very curious about your atc client ? and i hope it could be as customizable as possibile in order to reproduce ( at least kind of) the look and the functionality of our real system (Selex cds2000).

Thanks

Nicola 

Ciao Nicola! Anche te qua! Welcome on POSCON ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

My name is Bahaeddine El-Zarif, 29 years (30 by the end of this month), from Lebanon originally but currently living in Western Canada. I come from VATSIM Network after I've been an ATC. Always been an avid enthusiast of aviation, coming from the time I was at my cousins back in Lebanon where I had an excellent view of the airport. 

Closest airport to me is or was CYXD but now CYEG and CZVL

Preferred aircraft would be the A320-214

I've been thinking of getting X-Plane meanwhile FSX is on standby as my current laptop won't run it that well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

My name is Marc and I'm currently living in the D-CTR airspace of EDDK, so very close to the Cologne-Bonn airport here in Germany. I'm 20 years old and in real life I'm working as a Linux sysadmin. But when I'm home I mostly play games (League of Legends most of the time) or simulate the real world in X-Plane 11 ? 

Favorite plane: Boeing 737-300 (in real life)

Favorite plane in the sim: Zibo 738

I've got over 500hrs of online time on IVAO (which is not that much when you look at others ? ), but stopped flying on there about a year ago. I'm very excited for POSCON and it's features and looking forward to participate in the german divison (some day..).

Cheers,

Marc

• Like 2

Hello!

My name is Artur, I'm 22 years old, from SBZM/SBJF. I'm quite new to flight simulation (got into it around late 2014), but I have been messing around with truck and racing sims for decades. If it's a simulator, chances are I will like it. But I also like to dabble with sysadmin stuff and virtualization. It's a wide range of interests, as you can see.

My favorite airplane is the A320-214. It's such an amazing beast! So complex yet so simple, or, like some say,  easy to learn, hard to master. The pinnacle of aviation technology.

My favorite approaches are EDDF 25C, EGGP (both), EHAM 36R and EGJJ (both). Can't have one favorite approach, right?

I haven't played online yet, which I plan to once I build my new rig. My current one is just not up to pair anymore, can hardly cope with offline no-traffic action.

I simulate on FSX, P3D and X-Plane 11. FSX and P3D for tubeliners and XP11 for general aviation, as my computer can't even think of running xp11 airliners.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Ian, 37 years old and from the Netherlands. I live under the approach route of 18R at EHAM.

I've been into flight simming since i was 13 years old. My first sim was Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1 for MS-DOS. Since X-plane 10 i moved to X-plane because i believed in the future of that sim and where it was going. Currently i use X-plane 11, often in VR.

Favourite plane is currently the Zibo 737-800X.

I'm very excited about POSCON and i bet we will have a lot of fun here in the future!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Heyo,

My name's Travis and I'm a licensed flight dispatcher working near KDAL.

Got into simming from FS2004 with my dad who's a 35-year strong pilot. Currently flying X-Plane! My favorite aircrafts are the ToLiss a319 and FFA320-U. Can't wait to see how POSCON progresses ✈️

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, Trevor Hale said:

Hello All,

My Name is Trevor Hale, I am the Owner of http://www.cockpitbuilders.com a flight sim community for those that want to build their own Flight Simulator.  Cockpitbuilders.com turns 10 Years old this August and prior to that I was a Director at www.Mycockpit.org .  I am an avid Flight Simulator Hobiest and have been a Vatsim Member since 2002.  I still use vatsim 3-4 days a week, and Pilot Edge just doesn't have coverage where I like to fly, not to mention the steep price tag.  

I have converted a Real Beechcraft 99B (N38AK) into a King Air 350i that I now Stream on Twitch with 3 nights a week.

Photos and pictures of the build can be found here: http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1541.0

Trev

sim.png

Very nice indeed Trev ?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, Nico said:

On behalf of the ADX team I want to welcome you to what I’m confident will become a great resource; the new ADX Forum. 

I encourage every registered user to share some basic information about yourself so we can all get to know each other and collaborate with each other  

I suggest a great place to start would be your first name, the 4-letter code of your closest international airport, and some fun facts about your simming experience (such as favorite scenery, favorite flight, preferred aircraft, etc)  

Let me start!

Nico

KLGA

I love the visual into rw 15 at Paro (VQPR), expressway visual rw 31 Into KLGA. 

I fly a full motion 737-800 simulator. And I love every minute of it!

oooh i only just noticed you posted a threat very old post my bad lol

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, Trevor Hale said:

Hello All,

Trev

sim.png

Wow! That is amazing, I will be for sure checking out your website!

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Dennis Baldizon, I am CEO and founder of Virtual All Nippon Airways (https://www.virtualallnipponairways.com/), the virtual airline created for all people who like to flights to Asia, we have 4 hubs RJTT - RJAA - RJBB - RJOO, I have been a flight simulation pilot for the past 2 years and I hope to enjoy the best network experience with my airline within POSCON!

Edited by Dennis B. (1016578)
Insert web link
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ill keep this going then ?

Hi all new here, My names paul but you can just call me paul, sir or lord its your choice i dont mind honest.

Been an avid flight simmer for many years now and still love it to this day.

Closest airport to me is literally a two minuite walk to EGNR-Hawarden the home of the Airbus wings, this gives me the privilage to see the Beluga and Beluga XL fly over everyday.

Anyway ive never really been into airliners in the sim im more a Low and Slow type of guy and love to fly around bush style in idaho, oregon or recently New Zealand.

So thats me, I hope to meet some of you in the skies.

Safe flying

Paul

• Like 2

My name is Glenn (KRIC) .... I'm an old fart (compared to many of you) that has recently become a simmer. I am a real world pilot (CMEL) that starting simming mainly because I need practice/access to the newer modern panels (GPS/WAAS etc). I fly a Baron with the Garmin 430W and I'm so old, I've had to learn how .. LOL. I learned well before all the WAAS stuff. X-Plane has been great and I've actually started messing with the airliners. I can actually program a FMS now !!! I also have been training (slowly) as an ATC controller on Vatsim. Anxious to see what FS2020 has to offer as well as POSCON ATC. I know some things from my pilot experience but I am NOT a computer guy and that has cost me some time with my Vatsim training. Looking forward to flyin and /or controlling with you guys.

• Like 2

hi im thomas from scotland uk glasgow and edinburgh my hub airport been flying over 20 years love flying hops online since the old multiplayer on ms flight sim hope  to meet new friends online with  poscon and fly some hops with all you guys so would be cool if we had a discord for all hops and times and events                                        thanks thomas 

Edited by Thomas (1019745)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

"Long time, first time..", flyer and soon to be online pilot.  Have been flying sim's for almost 4 decades, and I can say with confidence, it's only gotten better!  While not military myself, my dad flew P2V Neptunes out of Glenview NAS in IL back in the 50's & 60's, and needless to say, I never missed a chance to see the Blue Angels!  I'm here in southern CA now, flying passenger routes out of KONT mostly, but love the other surrounding airports as well.  I'm very excited that MS came back, after being away for 14 years, and released Flight Simulator 2020, as I feel this will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship on a strong foundation.  I heard of Poscon through some favored Twitch streamers (hey Bish!) and look forward to FS2020 support in the future.   The best to everyone and I hope to see you online!

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, Chris 1023395 said:

Chris,  private, instrument pilot not current. Simming off and on for years. Recently back into it. Mostly ga,  Vfr and polishing up ifr, located near KCLT fly on vatsim in Boston ARTCC mostly.   

Hi Chris, nice to meet ya (virtually).  I'm near KCLT too, on the south side, near the lake.  Hope to see you in the skies soon!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Im John 

EGSS London Stansted

I have been flying regularly into the ground for more years than I care to remember, in fact since the first iteration of MS Flightsimulator..   

Started to really get into Flightsims with FSX, flying the a320 and fell in love with the Dash 8 .

Currently fighting my way through the many updates of MFS2020 with the flybywire a320, trying out Pilot2atc to brush up my ATC skills to hopefully venture into the POSCON skies..

• Like 2

Hi there,

I am Mike from near by EDDW - flight simming since 1995 - IVAO and VATSIM experienced, flying IFR and VFR - loving all kind of airplanes - modern and vintage - owning a one seater homecockpit (Jetmax) - just becoming familiar with MSFS - but still enjoying my former environment.

Hope to see you in the skies - please invite me ?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi guy's i am Mark from sunny Queensland Australia .

i have been flight simming for a very long time back in the fs98 days.

i now have a 767 flightdeck set up in the spare bedroom as well as a desktop for xplane.

would love a invite to try out the xplane beta have heaps of guy's that would be interested as well

Merry xmas everyone and please stay safe

best regards Mark P 

• Like 1