The intent of A006 is to clearly identify the Virtual Operator's management personnel who are occupying Virtual Operator management positions and who are responsible for managing assigned aspects of the operation. The individual assigned, his or her title as assigned by the Virtual Operator, and the POSCON management position shall be noted in A006. All Virtual Operators require at least one management position to be noted in A006. A Virtual Operator may apply for management personnel titles that differ from titles of management positions used in subparagraph B.
In the preamble, include the following language: "The certificate holder uses the following named personnel in the <insert regulatory compliance> management positions."
The following must be included in the authorization table: POSCON's position title, the equivalent Virtual Operator position title, the manager's full name, and an email address for the manager.
The following positions (or approved alternative names) are required at each Virtual Operator.
- Director of Operations - This manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Virtual Operator. This manager is also responsible for assigning a POC.
- Chief Pilot - This manager is responsible for monitoring pilot online activity and handling any pilot disciplinary actions referred to the Virtual Operator by the Positive Control Network.
- Director of Training - This manager is responsible for maintaining the Virtual Operator's training program.
- For authorizations that permit less than the required management positions, show the same individual assigned in each position required and for which an authorization for combined positions has been approved. If an authorization is not explicitly required (e.g., for single-pilot Virtual Operators), enter “N/A” (not applicable) for other management positions.
- For authorizations that permit the same person to fill two or more positions, enter the same name and title of that person in each of the appropriate positions.
- POSCON does not require that management personnel meet any specific qualifications in order to be listed in A006.
The certificate holder must notify the Manager of AOC within 10 days of any change in personnel or any vacancy in any of the required management or technical personnel positions listed. The term “days” is taken to mean calendar-days unless otherwise defined.